Respected Contributor

Thanks for the great idea and recipes! I LOVE noodle kugel! Now with extra time on my hands, I will make it!  💝💝💝

Valued Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  
I was curious about this.

Manischewitz does make Gluten Free  Kosher for Passover wide egg noodles. It is made with potato starch.. You can make a noodle kugel with this but reviews say it is sticky and gummy.  May not taste as good as Traditional Kugel but Passover has it's limitations and if you are gluten free, we'll, only way to go.

Again, I would save this treat for after Rosh Hashonah,  but it might meet your needs.

My family Seder has been put on hold anyway.No gathering of 10 or more. Safe at home.😥

Frequent Contributor

I, would love to try your recipe. But, i have no cottage cheese, and i can't go out in general public. Can, i subsitute cheese for something else. Thank you in advance.

Honored Contributor

@moxie11 wrote:

I, would love to try your recipe. But, i have no cottage cheese, and i can't go out in general public. Can, i subsitute cheese for something else. Thank you in advance.

I've never substituted for the cottage cheese.  Perhaps ricotta?

Respected Contributor

I think ricotta would be yummy, if not traditionally Jewish! Lol! I have had many types of noodlekugel and some recipes are less firm, using extra sour cream might work. Just taste it and check the flavor and add more egg if you want it firmer.  I'm a big fan of 'winging it'!