Esteemed Contributor

Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe - The Penny Wise Mama

I was looking for an unbreaded version of Chicken Parmigiano and stumbled upon this quick and easy recipe. I've made the original recipe, and it's delish. I've added dijon mustard to the mayo, it's also really tasty. I've also made a "Greek" version, which is what I'm making tonight.

I do slice chicken breasts in half if they are too big and I do pound w/ a mallet.

For the Greek version the ingredients I use are:

1/2 c. real mayonnaise
1/4 c. crumbled feta

2 TBS lemon juice

2 TSP Fresh Rosemary
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
4 tsp. Panko Crumbs

Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe - The Penny Wise Mama

Chicken parmesan.PNG

Ingredients
1/2 c. real mayonnaise
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
4 tsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs

Instructions
Preheat oven to 425°.
Arrange chicken on baking sheet.
Combine mayonnaise with parmesan cheese in medium bowl.
Evenly top chicken with mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumbs.
Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

Re: Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe - The Penny Wise Mama

[ Edited ]

@kate2357 Thanks for posting the Greek version. I will try that tonight.

I make the parmesan version a few times a month. I like using Italian seasoned panko instead of breadcrumbs.😋

Esteemed Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@kate2357 Thanks for posting the Greek version. I will try that tonight.

I make the parmesan version a few times a month. I like using Italian seasoned panko instead of breadcrumbs.😋

@FlyersGirl 

ITA ... I use panko more often than breadcrumbs. I just throw in the herbs I like w/ the panko breading and made different versions - Italian, Greek, Mexican... yadda yadda.

I'm also making the Greek version tonight and pairing w/ orzo salad. Salad is already made and chilling.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I make the original version a lot - the Greek version sounds really good too - thank you!

Honored Contributor

Yummy! These look easy to make without much prep work. I prefer panko too. It gives a better crisp. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Yummy! These look easy to make without much prep work. I prefer panko too. It gives a better crisp. 

@GenXmuse 

For years I used the Sunluck panko and then I discovered the Kikkoman panko, with the rougher chop, and Oh MY GOODNESS ... the crunch is divine.

This is an easy recipe that is also a great one to tweak by adding a different ingredient. Dijon, worcestershire sauce, white wine and lemon added to the mayo gives it yet another oomph. Mayo, Frank's hot sauce, jalapeno cheddar cheese is also good.

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse 

For years I used the Sunluck panko and then I discovered the Kikkoman panko, with the rougher chop, and Oh MY GOODNESS ... the crunch is divine.

This is an easy recipe that is also a great one to tweak by adding a different ingredient. Dijon, worcestershire sauce, white wine and lemon added to the mayo gives it yet another oomph. Mayo, Frank's hot sauce, jalapeno cheddar cheese is also good.

That's the kind I buy if available. I love all your ideas for ingredients. Mayo is great for keeping the moisture locked in. I like dill havarti but the jalapeño cheddar is callng my name. I always have a few lemons on hand and white and red wine. 

Respected Contributor

@kate2357  Thanks for posting that recipe.  I am making the Italian version tonight for dinner and was trying to figure out a way of not using eggs. 

Was also trying to figure out why it was called Chicken Parmesian when most of it is served with Mozzarella cheese on top. LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

@kate2357  Thanks for posting that recipe.  I am making the Italian version tonight for dinner and was trying to figure out a way of not using eggs. 

Was also trying to figure out why it was called Chicken Parmesian when most of it is served with Mozzarella cheese on top. LOL 

@cindyNC 

This recipe doesn't have mozz on it. I did post a mozz chicken recipe tho.

For the no eggs, is it the eggs in the mayo you don't want?  There are various vegan mayos on the market. Have never tried them. The mayo is what keeps the chicken moist and gives the parmesan/breading something to hang on to.

Respected Contributor

@kate2357  LOL - eggs are so expensive, I was trying to find an alternative. We had a mayo jar that was close to empty, so I added some Italian salad dressing to it, shook it. and used that to coat my chicken prior to breadcrumbs.