Honored Contributor

I found a can of Amy's lentil, vegetable soup and got to thinking what can I do with it.  Anyway, I chopped up some sad looking celery, a couple of onions, carrots and a potato, sautéed them in olive oil.  I cut up and added leftover ham, no salt added tomatoes, a can of white beans drained, low sodium chicken broth and the can of soup. I added garlic powder, pepper, smoked paprika, and a bay leaf.  It is simmering away, and it tastes really good. So anyway I turned a small can of soup into a big pot, some of which I can freeze. Gotta love the pantry !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Yum!!! That sounds really yummy. What time is dinner? LOL!!!

Enjoy your new dish.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Yum!!! That sounds really yummy. What time is dinner? LOL!!!

Enjoy your new dish.

About 6:00. 🤣. You know it all started when I saw Ina Garten's recipe for lentil, sausage soup. I had no lentils or sausage, but I remembered the soup, and it took off from there. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Indoor Kitty, your soup sounds terrific. Eating soup keeps me from binging on high calorie meals during this season of sheltering. My favorite is tomato basil or red pepper tomato. I like to throw in more basil and tomatoes, peppers, a few scallions and top with grated cheese. Have fun with your kitchen creations. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 and the kitche sink!

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I have made Ina's soup recipie and am planning on having it for dinner tonight with some crusty Italian bread.

Honored Contributor

I've made it too, it is delicious.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Half the fun of making a vege/minestrone soup for me is looking for what kind of leftovers are in the frig and freezer.  I save and freeze celery leaves, ends of asparagus, peppers, gbeans, etc. all waiting for a soup pot.  All kinds of nice leftovers in the pot to simmer and enjoy with a wonderful aroma wafting through the house!  Add some fresh homemade bread and it is a feast!