Trusted Contributor

Re: Panera Creamy Tomato Soup

I love Panera.  My favorite is their Thai Chicken Salad.  

Honored Contributor

I'll check it out.

It's the seasonings that make it special.

But they are not listed on the package, just says "spices".

I have a vitamix, I think I have a vitamix recipe for tomato soup.   Pretty basic.   

I love those San Marzano tomatoes.    Don't try them because you will never go back to Hunt's or Del Monte or anyone else.

@Kachina624

Respected Contributor

I love their broccoli cheese soup...probably about as calorific as you can get. Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

@software wrote:

I feel so dumb.   I love Panera food.    Would go every day if I could afford the calories and the money.     I learned their soup is sold in Target, Walmart, grocery stores.   I am obsessed with the tomato soup.   I've always been a fan, even as a young child, back in the 50s.    

I couldn't wait for lunch to roll around and my mom would open that can of Campbells and mix it with milk, not water.    Yum.

I haven't been able to find the Panera soup in the store, until yesterday.   I used to search the soup aisle, never found it.   Then there it is, in the cooler with the deli foods!

It's just as good as at the restaurant.   It would be very easy to make, but I don't know if I could duplicate the seasonings.

Anyone else like Panera?

I liked their ancient grain salad so I asked them what was in it and they pulled out a binder and showed me the recipe.  They probably have to have this so that people with allergies could check a food out.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I'll check it out.

I have a vitamix, I think I have a vitamix recipe for tomato soup.   Pretty basic.   

I love those San Marzano tomatoes.    Don't try them because you will never go back to Hunt's or Del Monte or anyone else.

@Kachina624

@software  Here you go:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/best-tomato-soup-ever

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Have you checked the calories for this soup?  It will amaze you.

Our specialty grocery store has all of Panera's soups plus their mac and cheese. 

I would suggest you buy Campbells Tomato Bisque condensed soup, it's really delicious with bits of tomato in it and a great flavor.  I know a lot of you like milk but I add water.

Valued Contributor

My daughter and I love Panera. Every time my husband gets waylaid or out of town, we eat Panera...in fact, had it for dinner tonight. My husband pulled in just as we were sitting down...luckily we got him a sandwich.

I love a lot of their food, but their kale and quinoa salad is yum...and I think kale is heinous on any given day. Not sure how, but Panera actually has figured out a way to eat kale without making horrible faces.....and worse..

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I must be the only person who does not like Panera.   I don't remember what I had but I have never been back.  

@DiAnne No, you're not the only one.  I've been there a few times and I just don't care for it.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Quse wrote:

My daughter and I love Panera. Every time my husband gets waylaid or out of town, we eat Panera...in fact, had it for dinner tonight. My husband pulled in just as we were sitting down...luckily we got him a sandwich.

I love a lot of their food, but their kale and quinoa salad is yum...and I think kale is heinous on any given day. Not sure how, but Panera actually has figured out a way to eat kale without making horrible faces.....and worse..

I saw Trish Yearwood make oven baked kale.   She drizzled it in oil and covered it up in seasonings.   She may have even used parmesean, too.  Bake it and they came out like potato chips, you could hear the little snap when she ate one.    

I need to go on a mission to eat a new menu item each time I visit Panera.

I'm a real soup/salad/sandwich kind of gal.   And here in the south, it's hard to find.  Everything is "meat & 3" which means overcooked or smothered in gravy.   But we do have BBQ.   

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@software wrote:

I'll check it out.

@Kachina624

@software  Here you go:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/best-tomato-soup-ever

Thanks!!

Looks so good.

I bet with using the San Marzano tomatoes, I won't need so much sugar.

And not so sure about 1 cup of sherry but I'll try anything once!