Honored Contributor

I feel so dumb.   I love Panera food.    Would go every day if I could afford the calories and the money.     I learned their soup is sold in Target, Walmart, grocery stores.   I am obsessed with the tomato soup.   I've always been a fan, even as a young child, back in the 50s.    

I couldn't wait for lunch to roll around and my mom would open that can of Campbells and mix it with milk, not water.    Yum.

I haven't been able to find the Panera soup in the store, until yesterday.   I used to search the soup aisle, never found it.   Then there it is, in the cooler with the deli foods!

It's just as good as at the restaurant.   It would be very easy to make, but I don't know if I could duplicate the seasonings.

Anyone else like Panera?

Honored Contributor

Re: Panera Creamy Tomato Soup

I don't have one close by, but whenever I can I love to go there. Their paninis are delicious. When I go there with my BFF we always say we won't buy a pastry on the way out, but we always do.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

I love Panera too.  I heard they got bought b another company.  I hope they do not change for the worse.  They change the menu and that upsets me.  I loved the kale beet salad, the cuban chicken, the shrimp roll.  Gone.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Panera. I have lunch there once a week. I also love their tomatoe soup.I too have loved tomatoe soup since I was a kid.My favorite was always a tuna sandwich on rye with a bowl of Cambells tomatoe rice soup.Yummy!! I still love it!!

Trusted Contributor

@software I love Panera Bread.  I have never had tomato soup at all.  In my mind it is a big bowl of watered down ketchup.  I do love their chicken noodle soup and the litle bit of sweetness that the carrots add.  Well, I guess I know where I'm eating for lunch tomorrow.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@TaylorBrown wrote:

@software I love Panera Bread.  I have never had tomato soup at all.  In my mind it is a big bowl of watered down ketchup.  I do love their chicken noodle soup and the litle bit of sweetness that the carrots add.  Well, I guess I know where I'm eating for lunch tomorrow.  Smiley Happy

Your welcome!

Respected Contributor

I also LOVE tomato soup. I use Progresso Hearty tomato and mix grated Parmesan or Romano into it. Terrific and 220 calories plus cheese for entire can.

Honored Contributor

I must be the only person who does not like Panera.   I don't remember what I had but I have never been back.  

Honored Contributor

@software  The Pioneer Woman on her program today featured her favorite tomato soup.  It started with cans of diced tomatoes and a big can of tomato juice.  Sounded very good and easy.  I imagine the recipe is online. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

When I order a bowl of soup, I always get a delicious hunk of wonderful baguette. 

Their sandwiches are special!  Even a plain turkey gets interesting when I order it with cranberry walnut bread.

Their salads change with the season and are packed with good things.  Their ingredients are fresh.

I will eat there, buy bread or even just take a cookie break...about once a week.  I am a fan.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela