Valued Contributor

Pan Roasted Lemon Chicken - These chicken thighs are amazingly crisp and flavorful, and you won't believe how easy this is to make!

As of late, I've been on a lemon kick. The more lemon, the merrier. If you love lemon like I do. Try this!! This dish is really good. These chicken thighs are amazingly crisp and flavorful, and you won't believe how easy it is to make!

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 tablespoon olive oil

Lemon Rub
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

To make the lemon rub, combine olive oil, mustard, lemon zest, oregano, thyme and salt in a small bowl. Using your fingers or a brush, work the lemon rub onto both sides of the chicken. In a large bowl, whisk together chicken stock, lemon juice and lemon zest; set aside. Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Add chicken stock mixture. Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately.

(adapted from: Inspired Taste)

Super Contributor

Re: Pan-Roasted Lemon Chicken

Sounds good. Do you flip it over so it is skin side up when you put it in the oven?

Valued Contributor

Hi Orchids.... Yes, I sure did. If you try this, I hope you'll enjoy it!

Have a great day,

LoLa

Respected Contributor

Hi LoLa.........this sounds and looks delicious. We will definitely be trying this recipe in the future. Thank you for posting it.

Super Contributor

Yum, LoLa! I agree about the lemon. I think it's especially appealing in the winter following some of the heavy delicious foods the cold weather seems to invite. Thank you again.

Trusted Contributor

WOW!!!!!!!! A bone in, skin on chicken thigh (meaning not boneless, skinless that I will not eat breast) recipe..........{#emotions_dlg.w00t} I eat lemons, like some would eat an apple........Thanks...........{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor

crazy duplicates......

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Super Contributor

On 2/5/2014 LoLa said:

Hi Orchids.... Yes, I sure did. If you try this, I hope you'll enjoy it!

Have a great day,

LoLa

Yes, I plan to try it sometime in the near future. Thanks for the response.

Frequent Contributor

I will try this without the mustard--sounds like Greek chicken. Thanks!!!

Honored Contributor

Good timing. I have bone in chicken thighs in the freezer - Thanks!