Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paleo - Coconut Almond Pancakes

LoLa,

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this recipe, as 6 months ago I was found to have antigens to gluten, so now must eat gluten free. This looks and sounds wonderful! Thank you!!!

Edited to add: Love Bob's Red Mill products! Excellent quality and I don't feel as though I'm getting ripped off price-wise. If I purchase the same at Whole Foods, my grocery bill really gets a dent in it, so I purchase directly from them or Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Paleo - Coconut Almond Pancakes

Looks great Makes 8 what would be the serving size?

@Lola wrote:

Paleo - Coconut Almond Pancakes
(recipe source: Talistomatoes.com)

This was today's breakfast. Everyone loved them. I doubled the recipe for my hungry crew. It's a nice 'alternative' to traditional pancakes. We have a full day ahead of us and this was the perfect start. They are really delicious!

(makes 8)

1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1-2 tbsp maple syrup (optional) I didn't use it, because the blueberries were sweet enough
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (if using frozen defrost and discard liquid)
4 eggs
1/3 cup coconut milk (or other milk such as almond milk or oat milk) use a tiny bit more for a thinner batter.
coconut oil for frying

Mix the eggs, maple syrup (optional) and coconut milk together in one bowl. Mix the coconut flour, almond meal and baking powder in a separate bowl. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and then fold in the blueberries.

Heat a non-stick frying pan or skillet over low heat and add some coconut oil to coat the pan. Add 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture to the pan. I find the easiest way to do this is to measure 1/4 cup and then roll it into a ball in my hand and then flatten in the pan with my hand. After a few minutes carefully flip the pancake over and cook the other side. Enjoy!

Note: They are wheat free, dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free (it can be completely sugar free and Paleo by omitting the maple syrup).

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.