Respected Contributor

Paging RespectLife and mtc another maple enhanced recipe

[ Edited ]

Add this to my Sweet Potatoes Mashed with Butter, Maple Syrup, and Tequila recipe I already posted for you both....

So you don't have to look it up here it is again...

best mashed sweet potatoes with maple syrup, butter, tequilla and lime juice Options  

‎08-30-2013 08:31 PM

i had 2 sweet potatoes and peeled, cubed and boiled them.

then mashed with hand masher and added 1 teaspoon each of tequila, key west real lime juice, Vermont maple syrup, plenty sweet butter, and salt & pepper.

Delicious with my left over smoked sliced roast pork.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now try my Sweet Potato with Maple Syrup and Tequilla recipe with this Maple enhanced recipe....

http://www.food.com/recipe/red-lobster-maple-glazed-salmon-shrimp-by-todd-wilbur-253423

Red Lobster Maple-Glazed Salmon & Shrimp

Directions

1. Make the maple-cherry glaze by combining all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
  2. When mixture begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until thick.
  3. Preheat barbecue grill to high.
  4. Skewer 6 shrimps on each of 4 skewers.
  5. Brush the shrimp with a little melted butter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Sprinkle salmon fillets with a little salt and pepper.
  7. Grill salmon for 2 to 3 minutes per side until done and grill shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
  8. Brush the shrimp and salmon with maple-cherry glaze and serve.

As for me I always add some Tequilla to the butter mixture, because I  am wild about, and love TequillaSmiley Happy.

A Tequilla Sunrise would also go nice with these two Tequilla enhanced reicpes.....I am so badSmiley Happy.

Hope you both enjoy this new seafood recipe as much as we do.

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging RespectLife and mtc another maple enhanced recipe

Thanks for this adore but I have a quick question.  As me and seafood don't travel in the same circles, do you think I could use this glaze on chicken or pork?

Respected Contributor

Yes of course mtc.

The glaze is great on pork chops, chicken,  burgers, and most any type of foods you would like to give a special kick too.

Honored Contributor

I got dried bing cherries at Trader Joe's adore.  I may just try this sauce this weekend!

Honored Contributor

Oh boy, oh boy, OH BOY!  Does this ever look delicious! 

Thank you dear friend, Adore, for thinking of mtc and I with this recipe!  I love the pics since it enables me to taste with my eyes while here at work!  Of course, the drooling is a bit much but doesn't this look fabulous!

I always have real Vermont maple syrup thanks to dear friends...and always have dried cherries in the pantry too.  Love them in anything!

Our Wegman's carries very good salmon!

As soon as I get back from vacation...this is to the top of the list!

Thank you so much again!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh you are so welcome RespectLife....

Live, Love, Pray, Eat & Enjoy.

May God grant you all those little pleasures in life and more my friend, and btw, that sauce glaze is also very delicious on meat, chicken, and pork dishes as well as my smoked sliced pork too.

I've made it with a variety of different type of meats, chicken, pork, beef, seafood, etc. That glaze is a universal type of enhancement sauce, so don't just confine it to seafood. (It is also a great marinade by itself, but then discard the rest of the marinade and do not use it in your food prep).

P.S. Enjoy your trip RespectLife, and have some lobsta with butter for me tooSmiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

If you do make the recipe this weekend mtc,  please post to let me know if you liked it, and thanks!