Trusted Contributor

Paging BritBrit.....Here is your requested recipe

Hi GF.....

You had asked me for my recipe for the cookies with the spices...I think this is the one. I remember how much you liked them Smiley Happy

MOLASSES COOKIES

1 C BROWN SUGAR

3/4 CUP CRISCO

1/2 CUP MOLASSES

1 EGG

2 1/4 CUPS FLOUR

2 TSP. BAKING SODA

1 TSP CINNAMON

1/2 TSP GROUND CLOVES

1/2 TSP. GROUND GINGER

1/4 TSP. SALT

1/2 CUP WATER

1/4 CUP SUGAR

COMBINE BROWN SUGAR AND CRISCO. BEAT WITH A MIXER TIL FLUFFY. ADD MOLASSAS AND EGG. BEAT WELL. COMBINE FLOUR WITH NEXT 5 INGREDIENTS (THRU SALT)

STIR WITH A WISK. ADD FLOUR MIXTURE TO BROWN SUGAR MIXTURE. BEAT AT LOW SPEED ON MIXER TIL BLENDED. COVER DOUGH AND FREEZE FOR 1 HOUR. PLACE WATER IN A SMALL BOWL. PLACE SUGAR IN ANOTHER SMALL BOWL. SHAPE DOUGH INTO 1 INCH BALLS. DIP ONE SIDE OF BALL INTO WATER.THEN DIP WET SIDE OF BALL INTO SUGAR. PLACE 1 INCH APART ONTO COOKIE SHEET COATED WITH NON STICK COOKING SPRAY. BAKE AT 375* FOR 8 MINUTES.

Valued Contributor

Re: Paging BritBrit.....Here is your requested recipe

Oh thank you so much, I just know that this is the one I’ve made before and it’s absolutely delicious I’m going to make this tomorrow thank you so much I’m craving these cookies They are absolutely delicious, anything your mother made was just divine!
You’re quick but what do you expect from the pro LOL nice to see you! Somebody needs to wake this place up LOL and you’re just the person to do it love you