Respected Contributor

PUMPKIN SPICE EARTHQUAKE CAKE

[ Edited ]

This easy cake has a cream cheese swirl in it to perfectly compliment the pumpkin.  Top it off with some chocolate chips and it's a WOW fall dessert!

Ingredients
Cake Batter:
  • 1 box Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned)
  • ¾ cup water
  • ½ cup vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Cream Cheese Filling:
  • 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick spray.
  • In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, water, oil, sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
  • In another bowl, melt the butter and mix together with the room temperature cream cheese. Stir in the powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
  • Place spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture all over the top of the cake mixture. Using a knife, gently swirl through the cream cheese. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and bake for 40-50 minutes or until center is set.
  • Allow the cake to almost completely cool before cutting. If you cut before it cools, the cake will be very soft and won't cut cleanly.
  • Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.pumpkin-spice-earthquake-cake-recipe-2.jpg
Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Re: PUMPKIN SPICE EARTHQUAKE CAKE

@ciao_bella  I bet I know why it has earthquake in the title....It would literally rock my world too, it sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks..this looks fantastic. All my favorite things in one cake explosion...pumpkin, cream cheese, and chocolate chips...I hear angels sing!

Esteemed Contributor

I'll bet this would also be great with butterscotch or salted caramel chips! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella 

I'm getting a new range this weekend and this is the very first thing I plan to bake!  It just looks SO  delicious.

I can have a one inch square.  I'm on Weight Watchers!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

If I just use the cake mix recipe could I make this as pumpkin spice muffins? Thank you - Riley1