Honored Contributor

Re: PEEL GARLIC THE EASY WAY.... REALLY EASY

Thats a great tip.  However I use jarred minced garlic.  Works well for me with no problems

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Speaking of garlic,,,..

I was using the jarred, for convenience, but fresh is so much better. 

FYI - when you shop for garlic, check the bottom for the hairy nub (the root).  If it is missing and the bulb is very white, that means it came from China and was bleached to withstand degradation and/or contamination during the trip here.  The better option, IMO, is USA grown, likely from California.  You will know because it will still have the root attached.. 

Or just buy organic!

Trusted Contributor

I finally got the chance to try this tip. It worked great! Came right out of the skin. Thanks alot!

Respected Contributor

I use so much garlic in pasta dishes, soups, and stews, that it's more cost effective to let Wegmans do the peeling. In addition, I simply toss the bag in the freezer until needed, then grab the number of cloves I need.

Screenshot_20220427-202123_(1).png

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for this tip @Flatbush . If I have to peel several cloves I will try your method.

I used to have a garlic peeler, but it didn't make the "can't live without this" list when we downsized to a condo. I peel garlic the way my husband taught me (restaurant-style) by using the edge of a big knife and hitting the clove on a cutting board. Works for me!