Trusted Contributor

***This always turns out great!  I like making my Polynesian Meat Balls to go with it. Yumm***

Oven Fluffy Rice

1  1/4  cup long grain rice ...NOT minute instant rice!

1 teaspoon salt

4 Tablespoons butter

2 chicken bouillon cubes

2  1/2 cups BOILING water

Combine rice, salt and butter in a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Dissolve chicken bouillon cubes in the boiling water. Pour over rice mixture. Cover  tightly and bake for 1 hour at 350*. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting this. Sounds great! Now how about posting the recipe for those Polynesian meatballs too! TIA Starro

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

This is probably a dumb question, but is the 1-1/4 cup rice cooked or uncooked?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Oven Fluffy Rice

[ Edited ]

starpolisher.......hi there. Nice to meet you....I just posted the Polynesian Meatball recipe for you...Should you make them, I hope you enjoy them as much as my family has. Heart

Trusted Contributor

Valuskr....Hi there. Nice to see you again.  The rice is NOT cooked....it is raw. Don't use minute rice  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Oven Fluffy Rice

[ Edited ]

@LilBitMissty

Years ago I used to make this combining the butter with finely chopped onions which I got golden brown on top of the stove.  Used canned beef broth ( less salty ) and baked as you described.  Wonderful base for shish kebabs too !!!  Tasty left over too, especially tossed into soups !!!

Now I'm getting hungry and I just had breakfast.....hmmmm, dinner tonight.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@LilBitMissty, thank you so much for this recipe, as I'm rice chall enged it'll definetly be on my agenda

Honored Contributor

Hi LBM thx for sharing some more recipes. Do you have a good one for fried rice? DH wants some fried rice. He loves the fried rice & bourbon chicken from the mall. I finally have a recipe for some yummy bourbon chicken that tastes just like the stuff from the mall. They don't have much of a mall here so cannot get it around here. We always eat it at the Mall when we go to my sisters in Fl.

Trusted Contributor

nightowlz...hi dear.You are most welcome.  I just posted a recipe for fried rice for

you :womanhappy:   Hmmm I have never tried bourbon chicken before. Sounds interesting Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for this recipe!  I never thought about using the oven to cook my rice.  Sounds very easy!