Respected Contributor

French Onion Soup With Braised Short Ribs

short rib onion soup.jpeg

THIS is the one I choose.  Wow!

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@RespectLife  I feel like I have hit the Onion Soup jackpot.  Heart  Today is Menu Day for the coming week, and, as you can imagine, Onion Soup will be on it -- all I have to do now is choose one.  Thank you for all the options! 

@IamMrsG

Whenever you have a chance to try one of these...let me know what you think.  I greatly value your suggestions and tweeks all the time!!

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife  I forgot to mention that I had already posted a short rib recipe on the Game.  If I can change the next ingredient, I will change it so you can post this one in response.   

@RespectLife  Done.  Woman Happy

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I had more recipes for onion soup here on my work computer than I thought!

I hope ya'all don't mind....I got a little carried away posting them!  LOL

Interesting...only one other besides @IamMrsG  called for brandy!

I definitely want to try it w/ brandy/cognac  Calvados, Applejack, or other brandy

@RespectLife I know this has been brought up before and I can offer you this.  I went looking for Calvados and to be honest it was out of my price range right now but I went to a reputable liquor store by me and they showed me brands that are in my price range and they say are still rather good.  As they have never steered me wrong in their recommendations, I will be selecting one of those brands soon as this will tie nicely into the fall and winter cooking season.

Valued Contributor

French Onion Soup....mmmm...one of my all-time favorites.

All I need now is some cool weather and I'll try your recipe.

Thanks Smiley Happy