Valued Contributor

Re: OMGosh.... if you like SB's lemon loaf....

I have a low carb sugar free one that has real lemon juice in it. has the glaze as well. its the BOMB

Honored Contributor

YUM. I know I will like this since I love lemon but DH not so much.

I was just telling him yesterday I wanted to make a blueberry lemon loaf. He did not think that sounded very good. I though your just weird. LOL!!! Bet he would like it after he ate some of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat 

Thanks ever so for posting!!

There is lemon loaf in my future. But I never had the SB. This looks like a great recipe!

Respected Contributor

Looks delicious!

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@so so wrote:

I have a low carb sugar free one that has real lemon juice in it. has the glaze as well. its the BOMB

I can't even imagine a low carb version. If you have time, I'd love to see the recipe.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat  is this one of those recipes that is better if you let it sit a day or so before eating?

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@house_cat  is this one of those recipes that is better if you let it sit a day or so before eating?

Could be, but that ain't gonna happen, lol!  I had a slice the first day and each of the days until it was gone.  I didn't notice any difference.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

This looks fabulous! Thanks @house_cat  

Super Contributor

I'm making this today!  It looks delicious. 

Honored Contributor

In the oven right now.  I used the full 2 Tbs of Lemon Extract.  Not sure I had the 2 Tbs of lemon zest.  I only got 1 large lemon and I zested what was there.  I did taste the batter before I added the 2nd Tbs of lemon extract and after and it wasn't too much.  

I can't believe how much a mess I made with such simple instructions.  Well, yes I can, but I think I would do the dry ingredients first and then you can reuse the cup for the sugar and then the sour cream.  I always make a mess with flour, but I was spooning it out of a small bag, so extra messy.  

After that will be the Marie Callendar's Cherry Pie.