Respected Contributor

Nordic Ware Haunted Manor Cake Recipe

I guess because of all the holidays and home forums conversations my thoughts are turning to Fall baking, even though it's still eighty-six degrees outside now, and I'm in no hurry for Summer (my favorite season) to be over with, I thought I'd share this recipe.  I have this pan which is seven to eight cups size so here is the recipe that I found on the Nordicware website last year and thought I would share it.

2 cups sugar

1 cup softened butter

3 eggs slightly beaten

2 and 1/4 cups water

1/2 cup spiced rum (I just used Meyer's regular dark rum.)

3 cups flour

1 and 1/2 tsps. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 tsp. ground ginger

1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

a dash of ground cloves

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Use baking spray and brush into all crevices to coat thoroughly.  Combine flour, powder and soda, salt and all spices in one bowl.  In a separate bowl combine water and rum.  In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar, then mix in three eggs. In a mixing bowl ( I used my Kitchen Aid bow lift) add 1/3 flour mixture with 1/3 water and rum mixture.  Repeat until everything is combined and mix thoroughly.  Pour into prepared pan and tap gently.  Bake sixty to seventy minutes until center is dry.  Cool for ten minutes in the pan and then invert onto another cooling rack.  Dust with powdered sugar or poke holes and make a simple rum glaze.

Super Contributor

Re: Nordic Ware Haunted Manor Cake Recipe

Looks good, i love recipes w rum in them.. looking forward to baking, not rushing summer though. I just got a new oven, haven’t used it yet,!