Trusted Contributor

You can use the Bookmark feature for this:

How do I use bookmarks?

Bookmarks enable you to list community content (boards, articles, ideas, topics, or individual posts) on a special page so you can easily find it again.

To bookmark a piece of content:

Go to the item you want to bookmark.
To bookmark a location, choose (Location) Options > Bookmark this ....
To bookmark a specific post, go to the post and choose (Post) Options > Bookmark this ....

To view and manage your bookmarks:

Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
Click My Bookmarks.
You can click a bookmark to go to the item.

To delete a bookmark, click the check box for the bookmark and click Bookmark Options > Delete Selected Bookmarks.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Frequent Contributor
Oh no, I must be blind because I can't see 3 dots anyplace. Smiley Sad Do you think they are not showing because I'm viewing with my iPhone? Sadly, I'm not tech savvy at all.
Frequent Contributor
I tried replying here and my post got put somewhere else. Might of been a system glitch but This new format is hard for me.
Frequent Contributor
I'm trying to post on recipies and it keeps showing up here!!!! SO frustrated with this new forum. I give up !!!!!!
Frequent Contributor
So sorry, I apologize To everyone. It was posting correctly. I just thought it wasn't. I just got really confused ( and frustrated) by this new format for a minute. Sorry!
Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

Yes, you can print them. Click on the post with the recipe and click the 3 dots and you should find where it says to print.

Harpa, where are the three dots?  I have looked everywhere and do not see any dots.

They are at the top of every post to the right of the post title. Click them to gtet options to print a post or email it to someone, including yourseldf. Here's a picture of the dots on another post:

EditDots.JPG

Frequent Contributor
Thank you very much. Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor
When I view using the mobile version with my iPhone the forum layout looks quite different and there are no dots showing. But if I view the full version on my iPhone it's a whole different looking set up and also the dots are there. I'm pretty sure that's what's happening.
Trusted Contributor

Re: No Way To Copy A Recipe

[ Edited ]

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

The only problem I was having was the background was yellow after pasting so I figured that out by using the printer friendly button on here ....see my post earlier.....and the go from there the usual way.  After pasting all I do is click on PRINT in WORD and it prints. 

luvsbulldogs,  I remembered seeing your post about the Yellow Blocks the first day I came to the new Forum.  I discovered by accident last night that I get completely different results copying into Word when I'm logged into the Forum and when I'm not logged in.  When I'm not logged in, I DO get the yellow blocks; when I am logged in my copied text is all centered and has bunches of extra spaces and hyper-links (and takes FOREVER to copy -- with Word complaining about "many different styles.")  When I'm not logged in, the copy is quick.  So far I haven't figured out what it is in my Preferences that makes the different in formatting. 

Either way, formatting my saved recipes is going to be AMP (A Major Pain) under the new format (and I do like to keep the replies with the post).  I'll post again if I stumble across any new information.

If you print from WORD, you can edit out the yellow background before you print to save ink, but still makes a bunch of extra steps.  I'm REALLY glad I didn't join QVC until right after the last major format change! 

ETA:  I tried the "Printer Friendly" option you found, but it doesn't include the Reply Number (Message 5 of 25 -- for example) which I do use in my own personal recipe filing system.  Win some formatting, lose some formatting.  SIGH!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi luvsbulldogs,

When having this darn problem, proceed with the following to get rid of the yellow.

1.  After you've copied your recipe into Word and you're looking at the yellow background, highlight the entire recipe.

2.  Now look at the tool bars above the text.  Look toward the middle and you'll see the word "Paragraph."  Above this word from left to right are page justification icons: left, center, right & margin to margin.

3.  To the right of these you'll see an icon for line spacing: it has an up arrow and down arrow.

4.******Next up is the icon you NEED to get rid of the yellow.  It looks like a tiny bucket of paint, slightly tipping so that a bit of paint is dripping out.  Click on the little down arrow to open up this icon.

5.  Now you have before you a color palette.  Go down to "No Color" and click on it.  The yellow will go away (because you've highlighted the recipe with the yellow background).

6.  If you ever want to provide a color background, you now know where to go.

Hope this helps. ~Rebecca