Valued Contributor

No Knead Bread Recipe from Joe McAllister

A few weeks ago Chef Joe made a no knead bread and said that it was available on his "something site"????  I can't find the recipe from him or his name anywhere on QVC.  I tried looking on FB but there was nothing there either.  Why can't I find him on the QVC site and does anyone know where he might have posted the recipe?  I don't do Twitter or Instagram or any of that so if it's not here or on FB I have no way of finding it.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: No Knead Bread Recipe from Joe McAllister

Chef John has one on allrecipes.Just type into google your question and lots of recipes come up.

Honored Contributor

The New York Times had a no-knead bread recipe a few years ago,  It's still online - easily found by googling.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not familiar with Chef Joe's recipe, but this is my SIL's recipe that I make in my Dutch oven:

3 1/3 cups flour

1/4 tsp instant yeast

1 1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 cups room-temperature water

Mix all ingredients in bowl with hands until sticky and shaggy.  Cover with greased plastic wrap and let sit at room-temperature for about 15 hours until puffy and bubbly. 

Scrape down sides and let slightly deflate.  Place on greased parchment and pat into thick oblong shape with greased hands.  Fold one long edge to the middle.  Fold the other long edge over the top to form a log.  Fold one short end toward middle, then fold in other short end.  Quickly flip dough so seams are on bottom.  Cover with greased plastic wrap and let sit for 2 hours until puffy.  

While dough is puffing, place lidded Dutch oven in oven and set to 450 degrees.  Leave in oven for 45 minutes.  When dough is puffy, take pot out of oven and remove lid.  Lift corners of parchment and set dough on parchment in pot.  Cover with lid and bake 1/2 hour.  Remove lid and continue to bake until browned, 10-15 minutes.  Remove bread by lifting corners of parchment and cool on wire rack. 

Super Contributor

@Melzie wrote:

A few weeks ago Chef Joe made a no knead bread and said that it was available on his "something site"????  I can't find the recipe from him or his name anywhere on QVC.  I tried looking on FB but there was nothing there either.  Why can't I find him on the QVC site and does anyone know where he might have posted the recipe?  I don't do Twitter or Instagram or any of that so if it's not here or on FB I have no way of finding it.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

I did see someone asking him on 12/10 on his FB if "he was going to post the recipe for the CE pot roast No Knead Rosemary Cast Iron Bread" - but he hasn't answered them yet. Maybe that's the one you're looking for too?

I figure CE must be Cook's Essentials so maybe the "something site" is CE wherever Cooks Essentials posts their recipes?

Good luck and hope you find it - it sounds delish!

This is not the one you're looking for, but I did find this that I might have to make:

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, or more, to taste
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon active rapid rise yeast
  • 1 1/2 cups water, at room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons cornmeal
DIRECTIONS:
  1. In a large bowl, combine flour, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and yeast.
  2. Using a wooden spoon or your hand, add water and mix until a wet, sticky dough forms, about 30 seconds.
  3. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until surface is dotted with bubbles, about 18 to 24 hours.
  4. Lightly oil a 10-inch cast iron skillet or coat with nonstick spray; sprinkle with cornmeal.
  5. Working on a lightly floured surface, gently shape dough into a round.
  6. Place dough into the prepared skillet. Cover with a clean dishtowel and let stand at room temperature until dough has doubled in size and does not readily spring back when poked with a finger, about 2 hours.
  7. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.
  8. Serve warm.
Respected Contributor

I make it all the time, I got mine from Blue Jean Chef, and she got it from I believe him. Go to Blue Jean Chef, click on it ,write Artizan bread recipe. She will walk you thru the whole way to do it. I bought a pan from Rachel Ray from Amazon and have been using it for a year now. This is so easy, but artizan bread is very crusty, not a bread you would normally use for a sandwich. The pan is more of a casserole pan. I will get the number for you, it is light and makes good bread.

Respected Contributor

Minnehaha recipe is it. The pan I use is Amazon, Racharl Ray 16295 Cucine non sick/casserole pan with lid 4.5 qt.  $29.99  I also dump this on a well  floured parchment sheet, and lift it into the hot pan and bake it like this. Hope I've helped. This is really easy  to make.