Respected Contributor

No-Bake Sweet Potato Pie.......really fast, and so decadently delicious!

[ Edited ]

This recipes is also a hit when we feel like Sweet Potato Pie, but really do not want to bake one.

(Sweet potatoes were on sale, so we bought quantity).

No-Bake Sweet Potato Pie

Yield: Serves 4

Ingredients:
  • 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
  • ¼ cup of Vermont maple syrup
  • 2 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1/3 tsp. of nutmeg
  • A pinch of salt
  • Optional 2 tablespoons Mexican Tequila (We are so badSmiley Happy.
  • ½ cup of chopped nuts  (Your choice)
  • Whipped cream or Greek yogurt (Your choice)

Directions:

Steam sweet potatoes for eight to ten minutes or until nice and tender.

Combine one tsp of cinnamon with the chopped nuts of your choice, and this will be your topping.

Once the sweet potatoes are done cooking, transfer them to a large bowl and using a big fork to begin mashing. A while back (I bought the Masha gizmo from Hsn, which really mashes the potatoes, and vegetables very well. (It is available in stores, and on the internet).

Keep on mashing until most of the big chunks are gone.

Add in the olive oil or butter, Vermont maple syrup, Mexican Tequila, and the rest of the cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.  Mix very well.

Scoop about ¾ cup of sweet potato pie filling into a serving bowl and top with a couple of teaspoons of the chopped nuts mixture and a dollop of whipped cream, or if counting calories top with Greek yogurt.

Valued Contributor

Re: No-Bake Sweet Potato Pie.......really fast, and so decadently delicious!

Sounds delish.  Will be trying soon.

Respected Contributor

It is delicious jazzbabe, and I hope you enjoy it and post a feedback reply if you desire toSmiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

What a great recipe!!! And it's diabetes friendly too: I am making it this weekend!!!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Hi Poodlepet2,

Yes this is a recipe you will love.

Please let me know if you liked it when you make it over the weekend, and God Bless....

Respected Contributor

hello Adoreqvc_ my sweet friend! I made this yesterday, and I had mine for dessert with a little Greek yogurt to which I added a smidgen of vanilla bean paste, and it was divine! This will be a staple! The next time I make it, I want to add some fresh grated ginger to the potatoes while they steam. This is such a great dish because it can be served as a side, a dessert, or a healthy snack. As a Southerner, I grew up with sweet potato pie: of course, the version I grew up with had a few eggs and cream-a no-no for me now, but this version fills the bill! I can see serving this with a couple of Graham cracker squares or a crumbled ginger snap on top: this is a fantastic recipe! Thank you so much for taking the time to shareSmiley HappySmiley Very Happy

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

This recipe is making my mouth water!

Respected Contributor

Hi Poodlepet2,

I really love cyber chatting with you againSmiley Happy.

So glad you tried and loved the recipe, and sweetie please look at recipes again,  because I listed quite a few which are also diabetic friendly.

Since you are originally a Southern gal you will also love the diabetes friendly pan fried chicken breasts....with the video also included.

We are really liking diabetes recipes and have them often now as well as our own other recipes we love.....but these diabetes recipes are so flavorful, and have come a long way since I took care of  beloved Mom, who was multiply disabled and a diabetic. (So many more choices now, and converting almost any recipe to a lower fat, lower cholesterol, healthy recipe is a cinch now).

God Bless you my dear sweet kind friend, and I hope we can stay in touch when I am not traveling and exchange recipes, QVC cyber chats in general, and just remain great QVC palsSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Sweetie I paged you on the recipes category and bumped up the message again today 7/19/2015.

I hope you can see it now that I bumped it up, and reply...

Now this No Bale Sweet Potato Pie recipe is delicious, and I hope you try it and also love it as much as we and others also doSmiley Happy.