Trusted Contributor

No-Bake Chocolate-Pretzel-Peanut Butter Squares

I made this for a VERY small, socially-distanced, backyard birthday party last weekend.  It's Trisha Yearwood's recipe and on the Food Network site.  Sooo easy, sooo good, and just like a Reese's peanut butter cup!  I cut back on the powdered sugar a bit and it was fine.  Everyone loved them.  Delish!  Enjoy!

1 & 1/2 sticks of butter, melted

2 cups crushed pretzel rods

1 & 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

1 cup plus 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter

1 & 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

In a medium bowl, add the melted butter, pretzel crumbs, confectioners' sugar and 1 cup of the peanut butter and stir together until well combined. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish. Combine the chocolate chips and the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate and peanut butter are melted and smooth; two intervals should be enough. Mix to blend, then spread over the peanut butter-pretzel layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: No-Bake Chocolate-Pretzel-Peanut Butter Squares

ohhh i need to make this. and its super easy too!

Trusted Contributor

@bonnie f  Very very easy!  👍👍

Valued Contributor

This sounds delicious, quick and easy.  Thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz This looks familiar in a way.  Are these similar to the no bake cookie called haystacks?Smiley Happy

Haystack cookies - soft, chewy no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBGNo, these are not drop cookies.  The pretzel part makes a crust on the bottom and then you frost it with the chocolate.  The pic below is from the recipe on the Food Network site.  Hope this helps!

1394587617531.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I don't know why I torment myself and always check out the wonderful recipes! I am a WW Lifetime member and I won't be making any of the recipes, but I can dream!