Super Contributor

Re: Ninja cooker Mississippi Pot Roast thousands of 4-star reviews!

This sounds great
Trusted Contributor

This sounds interesting and tasty (and EASY!), and I will definitely try it. I will add halved onions and cabbage wedges to the potatoes and carrots in the mix. Can't have a proper pot roast without potatoes, carrots, onions, and cabbage!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/25/2015 05gage25 said:

I have this cooking in my kitchen now!! Can't wait to eat it.

me too! I put the roast on a bed of red onions and just added sliced portabella mushrooms.

Mine is just under ""rare"" now with 5 hours to go. I won't let it go 8 hours.

Respected Contributor

I recently used a can of french onion soup and beef/mushroom stock on top of a roast with carrots, celery, and skin on taters. It was super tasty and wonderful to come home to after a long day of work. I did this in my crock, but will try the above in my Ninja.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/25/2015 Mary Bailey said:

me too! I put the roast on a bed of red onions and just added sliced portabella mushrooms.

Mine is just under "rare" now with 5 hours to go. I won't let it go 8 hours.

Mine is done! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I didn't have the low sodium ingredients (other than unsalted butter)

The meat was not too salty, but the gravy was. So next time, I will have to have the low sodium dry ingredients.

DH said this is the best roast I ever made! I reminded him he said that last week & every time I make a roast! LOL He said everyone at work will be jealous of his lunch tomorrow. He also says that every time he takes leftovers.

Trusted Contributor

Just a comment: The level of saltiness will depend on how big your roast is and how many veggies you add to the pot. I like lots of carrot lengths, potato chunks, halved onions, and cabbage wedges in my pot roast.......and with so many veggies, so I think I'll be OK.

Valued Contributor

Mine is just under "rare" now with 5 hours to go. I won't let it go 8 hours.

Mine is done! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I didn't have the low sodium ingredients (other than unsalted butter)

The meat was not too salty, but the gravy was. So next time, I will have to have the low sodium dry ingredients.

DH said this is the best roast I ever made! I reminded him he said that last week & every time I make a roast! LOL He said everyone at work will be jealous of his lunch tomorrow. He also says that every time he takes leftovers.

Mary, my DH said the same thing! He said it had the best flavor of any roast I had ever made in our 42 years of marriage...lol. I was hesitant about the peppers but, they added so much extra flavor.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/26/2015 GoodStuff said:

Just a comment: The level of saltiness will depend on how big your roast is and how many veggies you add to the pot. I like lots of carrot lengths, potato chunks, halved onions, and cabbage wedges in my pot roast.......and with so many veggies, so I think I'll be OK.

ITA I probably should have only used 1/2 pkg of each. I only put onions & portabella mushrooms in with the roast.

05gage25- I'm glad your DH loved it too. My DH said the gravy wasn't too salty for him today. That made me happy. He loves pepper so I actually put 2 extra peppercorns in.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am making this today- Haven't used my crock pot in FOREVER!

Not worried about salt, cause i put salt on my salt...but are the peperoncini supposed to be chopped or whole? The one recipe says chopped but the picture shows whole...

Respected Contributor

The Ninja Mississippi Pot Roast has so many great reviews, is easy and simple to prepare, and tastes delicious too!

For those craving more great recipes check out facebook and type in Ninja 3 in 1 to read many recipes posted there, and the internet has even more recipes for the Ninja 3 in 1 and theor latest Ninja 4 in 1 multi cooker.

Both the Ninja 3 in 1, and the Ninja 4 in 1 (with the new Timer feature, Steam, and Steam & Roast feature, as well as the new see thru glass cover lid are both indeed wonderful multi cooker appliances which are truly a  great gift for anyone who cooks. 

(Also great to prepare in, and then serve on a buffet table, using the warm feature).