Respected Contributor

I bought the Ninja air fryer but I am thinking of sending back.  I am not sure how to cook in it!  I make many Italian dishes and they are not the kind that you put into an air fryer.  So far I have made frozen french fries and frozen peirogies.  No different or time saving than my toaster oven.  AND the fan is VERY noisy which I did not expect.  I just don't think it suits my kind of cooking needs.

Esteemed Contributor

I came to the same conclusion after buying two fryers.  If you love and eat lots of fried foods then it's your dream machine.  I need and want healthy meals.

Size wise:  it didn't earn my limited counter space.

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl  I bought one because Significant Other wanted one almost four years ago for his birthday.  Used it about four times.  Sitting in its box, collecting dust, in a closet.

Really doesn't fit our style of cooking either. Early in 2018 bought him the Oster XL French Door Convection Oven.  That we use multiple times a day.  Much more versatile in what it can do.  Does earn its space on my counter.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl @aroc3435 

Is your air fryer the Ninja Foodi?  I have that one, the combo air fryer pressure cooker and slow cooker. I don't like that it takes up so much counter space, it is too heavy to take in & out of the cabinet so it stays out. I have the white & black one, it looks like a Star Wars storm trooper on my counter ha. 

I love my Oster french door convection oven too & use it several times a day. I may give away the Foodi and take the Nesco slow cooker and Cooks Essentials pressure cookers out of the cabinets when needed, I love those appliances. 

Respected Contributor

@rockygems123   I think my egg shaped air fryer is a Cooks Essential, with the pull out drawer the larger of the two sizes offered at different times that year.  It is red because SO wanted that color.  I would have picked the green.

I do use my Insta Pot (also from Q) and my 18 Qt. Nesco (from Sears years ago on deep, deep clearance) and the Nesco is no longer in use as much since I retired but it comes in handy for holidays, especially Thanksgiving when all systems are go, though not this year.  Kept things much simpler.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I bought the Ninja air fryer but I am thinking of sending back.  I am not sure how to cook in it!  I make many Italian dishes and they are not the kind that you put into an air fryer.  So far I have made frozen french fries and frozen peirogies.  No different or time saving than my toaster oven.  AND the fan is VERY noisy which I did not expect.  I just don't think it suits my kind of cooking needs.

I bought the Ninja foodi air fryer, this one also dehydrates, acts as a slow cooker, makes yogurt and so on. I have not got it out of the box and I am thinking of sending it back also. I didn't get mine from QVC though.

I think if my kids were still home, they would use it.

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I bought the Ninja foodi air fryer, this one also dehydrates, acts as a slow cooker, makes yogurt and so on. I have not got it out of the box and I am thinking of sending it back also. I didn't get mine from QVC though.

I think if my kids were still home, they would use it.

On Monday of this week I surprised my son and ddil with the Ninja Deluxe 9 in 1.  They found the delivery on their porch when they got home from work.  They are so excited and love having the choice now between their deep fryer and the air fryer.  Not to mention what all else it can do.  Cooking and grocery shopping is almost like a hobby for them, truly are Foodies.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I bought an air fryer oven 2 years ago.  I use it for everything from making chicken, to pork chops, salmon, asparagus.  Of course french fries and tater tots but, for my husband and I and now just me it was perfect for simple things like a chicken breast for dinner (VERY HEALTHY) or a fish filet.

You can do what you want but I would not trade mine for anything, it has definately earned its space on my counter and it is stayng

Trusted Contributor

I love my Ninja air fryer and use it several times a week.  Bake salmon in mine every week. I got one of those silicone pot lifters to use for things like salmon, chicken, and pork chops.  It has two handles and I cut them down to about two inches above the bottom and use that (it gives you 4 little handles) to put in and out (when hot after cooking I just use a large spatula to lift out from the bottom.) This works so great! 

I've been buying frozen Brazi Bites and cook these on the silicone holder also.  These are a wonderful gluten free option since my husband and I don't eat regular bread.