Honored Contributor

Re: Newman's Own Salad Dressing

@x Hedge wrote:

@drizzellla I went to the Newman's Own website. Evidently they discontinued the Olive oil and vinegar. So whatever is already out there is the end of the production.

If you like it enough to do so, suggest you track it down online and order a reasonable amount.

That is what I plan to do. According to the local Walmart website there were 4 bottles of the Olive Oil. So we went to buy them. The only bottles that Walmart had were the classic oil.  I bought 1 bottle of the Classic Oil just so I could try it. Now the website says there are 3 bottles. And after we bought the 1 bottle there were 3 Classic Oil bottles left on the shelf.

That is what I was afraid would happen. That I order what I think will be the Olive Oil and receive the Classic Oil.

Yesterday when I looked on line there were several listings for the Olive Oil dressing with Target. But today there is only one listing and it is an Organic Olive Oil. The other listings disappeared. So I am going to order from Vitacost. I never heard of it. But it says that it is part of Kroger. And there are no Kroger stores near where I live. So I guess that is why I never heard of it.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've seen Newman's dressings in many stores I shop at. All types, kinds. 

Found Newman's Olive Oil & Vinegar salad dressing at my store.

Trusted Contributor

@drizzellla, Have you tried the Newman's Own Light Ceasar? We use that for marinating all the time-really good with chicken and steak. 

Esteemed Contributor

If you have a Big Lots, try there.  The usually carry discontinued items.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

If you have a Big Lots, try there.  The usually carry discontinued items.

I will give it a try. I think I might have bought 6 bottles from a store advertising on Amazon. But I have not heard anything from them since it was ordered 4 days ago. And their listing disappeared today.

What I don't understand is that the Olive Oil and Vinegar salad dressing was what started Newman's Own products. It was the first product that Paul Newman and A. E. Hotchner made and sold. I am surprised Newman's Own would now change the recipe.

Honored Contributor

I use their ranch dressing exclusively.  They better not drop it or I will have to stop eating salads.Man Wink

Honored Contributor

We absolutely LOVE the Balsamic Vinaigrette!  Several years at the beach, I had wanted the Oil and Vinegar and they didn't have it.  I got this and our two little grandsons were over the moon!!!  I always pick up multiple bottles when it's on sale.Smiley Happy  It's my "go to"!

Honored Contributor

HELP!

Now what do I do? I went to Amazon and ordered 6 bottles of Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar Salad Dressing. At the time I ordered there were about 6 different vendors listing Newman's Own Olive Oil and Salad Dressing.

I placed the order with a company called Golden Gate Market. Today I received 6 bottles of Newman's Own Classic Oil and Vinegar Salad Dressing from Walmart.

I can go to any supermarket and buy Newman's Own Classic Oil and Vinegar.

I went back to Amazon and now if you look under Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar it says "Currently Unavailable". 

I want to return these 6 bottles but wonder if it is more trouble than it is worth. And the purchase price from Golden Gate Markets was alot more than what Walmart charges. Wonder what I was charged. Amazon does not have the package marked as delivered yet.

Super Contributor

You  could make your own homemade version.  I bet you would get close to it. I make my own vinegar and oil dressing. Being Italian, we have it almost every night.