Honored Contributor

Re: New Tyler Florence cooking show on Food Network

I hadn't heard of this show either.  I checked the Tivo Guide and no re-airing for today's episode, but I scheduled the one for next Sunday.

Also, Tyler's 'The Great Food Truck Race' is starting a new season tonight, FWIW.     This will be season 7.

Valued Contributor

I have watched the Food Truck show but never seem to learn anything from it.  I think I will start taking notes now.

Valued Contributor

Guy is okay but I would like to see something new also.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I agree that there probably isn't anything for most of us to learn from the food truck show.  I've been cooking for so long that I'm good in that area.   Sometimes I get different ideas from different cooking-type shows.

But this one is just entertainment and nothing more.

The only line I've drawn was on a couple of seasons when one of the two finalists were just really awful people.  I would not want to see them win, so I would just delete the final episode and never know who won.  I'd rather not know than to see the bad guys win.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I finally got to watch an episode of this (the beef episode).  It reminds me of the original FN show How to Boil Water (which everyone hosted at one point -- Emeril, Bobby, Tyler).

Loved it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I finally got to watch an episode of this (the beef episode).  It reminds me of the original FN show How to Boil Water (which everyone hosted at one point -- Emeril, Bobby, Tyler).

Loved it.

Oh @VaBelle35 How to Boil Water was one of my favorite shows . . . I so wish I could get my hands on some of those episodes.  I'll have to see if YouTube has anything.

What I liked best about today's episode is the visual difference differences between the well prepared steak and the one not properly cooked . . . wow, what a difference and I learned a couple of things today.  I hope the show continues, I really enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

I watched the steak episode yesterday and enjoyed it.    There aren't any more episodes coming up right away on the Tivo Guide.  Hope there will be more episodes.

Honored Contributor

What is the name of the show?

I can't find it.

@chickenbutt wrote:

I hadn't heard of this show either.  I checked the Tivo Guide and no re-airing for today's episode, but I scheduled the one for next Sunday.

Also, Tyler's 'The Great Food Truck Race' is starting a new season tonight, FWIW.     This will be season 7.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

What is the name of the show?

I can't find it.

@chickenbutt wrote:

@software here is the link to the Tyler Florence Test Kitchen page:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/tyler-florence-test-kitchen/specials/steakhouse-classics.html.html

It doesn't look like it's being hyped very much which is a shame as it is always a pleasure to watch someone make beautiful yet simple food . . . Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I watched the steak episode yesterday and enjoyed it.    There aren't any more episodes coming up right away on the Tivo Guide.  Hope there will be more episodes.

@chickenbutt I so agree.  Even though for some it is common sense cooking I appreciate the way he highlights the difference between good and bad techniques and gives you visuals as to where things go wrong.  I have very much enjoyed both shows.

I also enjoyed Farmer's Market Flip but I guess that was a teaser to go find the Cooking Channel which I do not have . . . pity as that was another fun show to watch.