Respected Contributor

Re: Need your favorite smoothie recipe.

Another banana tip is to cut them up in slices or chunks and freeze separately. Then you can store them in a bag and they won’t stick together. I used to keep small baggies of bananas, berries, spinach, etc so that I could just grab one for each smoothie.

Valued Contributor

Mine are spinach, cucumber, celery, chard, chia seeds, green apple and strawberry protein mix. I divide all of this stuff 7 ways and prepackage in freezer bags, except the protein mix. Then I freeze.. Every morning I get one out and throw it in the vitamix with some water or almond water and or ice. Every 7 days I change my greens around a little to different ones and add maybe banana or anything else healthy. I Use mostly all greens in my morning ones.

Beckyblu

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I fix smoothies most mornings and don't have recipes--just throw in the ingredients I have. I use frozen fruits, bananas, protein powder and various greens--this a.m. I made a peanut butter, banana, choc one with a handful of shredded cabbage---added some almond milk and a little water, it was awesome. even added some powdered probotics to it too. Recipes are everywhere--just need to try a few. It's fun!!

Honored Contributor

Yogurt

Milk

Ice

Fruit

Maybe a little honey or vanilla--don't always use.

Flax seed

Flax seed oil

Fruit juice

Any or all of the above.  I will also throw in some veggies if I have something that needs to be eaten and won't be detected in the smoothie. 

Honored Contributor

When I was single, it was a breakfast smoothie of orange juice, banana and frozen strawberries. So tasty! Now, I prepare a more traditional breakfast for us.