Respected Contributor

Re: Need simple July 4th ideas

I have a really Great Idea !! Let us be 11 and 12th. for dinner. Thank-You so much in Advance.

Respected Contributor

Oh!! Very Nice. Now I really like that idea.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone who responded. So many good ideas.  I'm going with the big fruit salad and might try that pretty flag dip recipe.  Hot dogs hamburgers both meat and vegetarian. I'm also going to get some deli meats and buns (as someone suggested). Bushs beans with raisins and apples added.

I hope you all have a happy safe 4th of July.🎇🗽

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou"

"Let us be the 11th and 12th" for dinner

I'll be the unlucky number 13 guest, and all the food will have been gobbled up already by you folks!!

Have a successful 4th of July gathering, everybody!

Honored Contributor

Salads, I put 2 in here today.  I did the taffy apple salad it is a WW one.

Gee, throw a huge salad together of veg's get different dressings

Cut up a bunch of fruit.

In this heat, finger food...............................................chips too, trail mixes, 

picnic foods.....easy does it.

Super Contributor

I am making a simple dessert that I saw on Facebook. It was called Icebox Cake and only has three ingredients. The ingredients are 2 containers of thawed Cool Whip. strawberries cleaned and sliced and a package of graham crackers. (I thought I would throw in some blueberries too for a patriotic look.) Basically you layer the ingredients like lasagna starting with a layer of graham crackers on the bottom and ending with a layer of cool whip on the top. Refrigerate for a few hours and then enjoy! Simple and you don't have to turn on the oven!