- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup good quality olive oil
- 1/2 cup natural, high-quality mayonnaise
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- a few tablespoons of water (ONLY IF NEEDED to thin the dressing out a little bit)
Add all ingredients to a large mason jar and shake very well until combined. Store in the fridge for a few hours before serving, or serve immediately over your favourite garden salad.
Shake well before serving.
If the dressing is too thick, simply add water one teaspoon at a time to thin it out to the desired consistency.
This salad dressing keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days, so make it a day or two ahead of serving to save time!
If you prefer to make salad dressing without mayonnaise, simply substitute the mayonnaise in this recipe for 1/4 cup of vegetable oil and shake very well (or blend for best results).