Valued Contributor

Need delicious Gluten free desserts

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: Need delicious Gluten free desserts

I made Pecan Tassies (little mini-pecan pies) substituting Bob's Red Mill 1 cup for 1 cup gluten free flour (light blue label on the package) for regular flour in the crust.  We thought they were SO, SO good.  No one new they were gluten free by the taste.  He has another flour that has been out for longer, but I didn't want to use that one because the ingredients are different and I have heard it has a little "beany" taste to it.  The ones we made were delicious and we gave them as gifts. 

Valued Contributor

@lucky-girl wrote:

Thanks

Namaste has great organic mixes. Gluten free desserts tends to have three times the ingredients, so I love mixes. Pinterest will have amazing recipes also.

Respected Contributor

Any type of mousse.

Cheesecake, if you use a gluten free flour for the crust.

Bob's Red Mill makes a really great pie crust flour that is gluten free.

You can make pies or tarts.

Ice cream Smiley Happy

You can make virtually any dessert gluten free by substiuting a gluten free flour.  Some, like Bob's Red Mill, say you can substitute it directly.

Others you may have to play with.

I've played with using gluten free flours in my regular recipes and they've all come out great.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

Trifles are always good and you are only limited by your imagination.  Simply make a cake from one of the gluten free cake mixes-or buy one already made if you really want easy.  Fresh whipped cream is so easy to make and fresh fruit abounds.....

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Flourless chocolate cake.  Very rich and super good.

Also remember that gluten-free flours absorb moisture differently, so a trifle with fruit and juices topping the cake part will make the cake part go soggy quickly, unlike flour based cakes like a pound cake.  My nephew has a wheat allergy, so we experimet a bunch.  The flourless chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache for the icing is always a hit, especially with vanilla bean ice cream and whipped cream (the real stuff, not cool-whip).

Honored Contributor

Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse

1 cup heavy whipping cream

8 oz cream cheese

2 Tab peanut butter

1 Tab unsweetened cocoa powder

1 cup Splenda Granular  OR Sugar,  not both

Beat cream until peaks form.... do not overbeat!  Beat room temptature cream cheese in a seperate bowl until smooth.  Add Splenda or sugar, peanut butter and cocoa powder mix well with mixeer

Add 1 dollop of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and mix with mixer.

Then by hand and using a rubber spatula, stir in the remaining whipped cream.  Do not over mix!  You may see veins of white streaking the mixture.  This is okay.

Spoon into dessert dishes and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.

This makes six servings.

Honored Contributor

Easter Pie

Crust

1 & 1/4 cups almond flour

4 Tab Sugar or Splenda 

1 egg white

Mix all together in a bowl.  Add a little water If to dry to form a ball.  Press into a pie pan and up the sides of the pan with wet fingers forming a rim.  

Use a fork to stab all over and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Cool.

Filling

20 Reese's MIni Peanut butter cups

12 ounce tip of Cool Whip

50 milk chocolate kisses

Chop PB cups and set aside

microwave all 50 kisses in a bowl on med (50% power) for about a minute until melted.  Stop and stir often.... do not burn.

Stir 3 and 1/2 cups of Cool Whip into melted chocolate.

Spread 1/2 of chocolate mixture on top of the crust.  Sprinkle with Chopped PB cups.  Spread the rest of the chocolate mixture on top of the PB cups and refrigerate for 3 hours.

Before serving, top with remaining Cool Whip and garnish with more candy if desired.

Regular Contributor

I use this gluten free peanut butter cookie recipe from margaretsmorsels.blogspot.com.  Don't let the number of ingredients fool you.  These are the best peanut butter cookies I've ever eaten.

Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
28 Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate 20 minutes so the dough is easier to handle. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Press down with a fork to make crisscross marks. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cookies cool on the pan for 1 minute before removing to wire rack.