Valued Contributor

This Thanksgiving is stressing me out.  I saw a carrot recipe the other day that looked great.  Carrots roasted in oven with a sweet sauce.  Can not find it.  Any suggestions????

thanks.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Need carrot recipes, please

@lucky-girl   Don't be stressed, just try to pre-bake/prepare as much as you can. 

I host Christmas day and dinner and last Christmas eve I was wondering what I was missing, since I had prepared everything as early as possible, and items were done and just waiting to be baked or heated the next day and I actually had free time.  I set up the table early too to free up more time on Christmas day.  Also it really helps if everyone can bring a dish.

Just google "roasted carrot recipes", and a lot of delicious recipes come up, some with garlic butter and/or honey.   

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

deep breath.  please don't stress.  its great you are preparing early.  there is a search on kroger website that may be helpful.  you can select ingredient and method of cooking.  i saw several recipes for roasted carrots.  so best to figure what you can prepare in advance and what you will need oven for on day of.  good luch.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucky-girl 

No need to stress over something that can be made ahead.  I've posted some other carrot recipes separately for you to consider.

MARINATED CARROTS

2 lbs. carrots, sliced & cooked tender

2 large red or white onions, sliced vertically

2 bell peppers, sliced vertically

Arrange vegetables in layers and cover with marinade:

1 can tomato soup

1/2 salad oil 

2/3 cup sugar

3/4 cup vinegar

1 teaspoon prepared mustard

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

salt and pepper to taste

Mix well and pour over vegetables.

Refrigerate 24 hours before serving.

Trusted Contributor

I don't have a carrot recipe for you, but don't stress.  I have found the hostess/cook worries about so many things and the guests just worry about two things...when will we eat and will there be enough of their favorite things.  All those details you have fretted about are not the things that matter to the guests.  So, relax, tell them when they arrive approximately when you plan to serve - then make sure you have enough of everything for leftovers.  You will be a total success!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Valued Contributor

Thanks to all of you.   Heart

Frequent Contributor

Honey Glazed Carrots

1 bag baby carrots

2 Tablespoons butter

2 Tablespoons honey

Put  carrots in a saucepan, cover with water.  Boil 15 minutes.  Drain.

Add butter and honey, return to heat and simmer until honey glaze thickens slightly.

Respected Contributor

@lucky-girl  One trick that works for me everytime, is have a list of items that you are serving so you can make sure you have all the ingredients in plenty of time, and then list all the items you want to do prior...vacuum, set table, chill wine, pick up pies, change sheets, make extra ice...whatever you want to get done. 

It will help you to remember everything so you won't worry about forgetting something and make you feel confident that everything will get done in plenty of time. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

@lucky-girl   I always make Pioneer Woman's whiskey brown sugar glazed carrots, they are delicious !!!

Respected Contributor

My favorite carrot recipe is simple. Boil up the carrots in a saucepan and water. Drain off the water and add a jar of apple jelly or preserves.  This might be hard to find - I have found apple cider preserves and that works too.  Heat it all up and serve.  The jelly/preserves coats with a nice flavor.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York