Frequent Contributor

Re: Need a recipe for boneless skinless chicken thighs in the oven

Oh, I love this thread!  Thank you to all who contributed!

Valued Contributor

The one consistent I always do with chicken thighs is, bring to room temperature about 30 minutes before baking. Then sprinkle with seasoning of choice (salt, pepper, garlic/onion powder, paprika). Then put a piece of COLD butter on each piece before baking. Then bake at 425 for about 25 minutes (depending on your oven, size of thighs, etc). They turn out perfectly golden and crispy every time. 

Earlier this week I prepared them as a sheet pan dinner with root vegetables (Brussel sprouts, rainbow carrots and butternut squash.... I think I added a Granny Smith Apple, too) all cut about the same size. Any root vegetables will do! I made a marinade of: 1/4cup maple syrup, 3T stone ground mustard (or Dijon), 1T lemon juice, 3-4 garlic cloves, a few teaspoons fresh rosemary (more or less to your liking).  I place vegetables on sheet tray, sprinkled with salt and pepper. Placed chicken on top.  Brushed some of the marinade on top, place butter on top each thigh. Bake about 25 minutes and tossed extra marinade with vegetables. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D 

Do a search for "French onion chicken with Swiss cheese" and I think you'll like the recipes you find.

Boneless thighs are perfect for this type of dish.  Very simple to make.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mindy....my new favorite chicken thigh recipe is Jacque Pepin's mother's recipe for chicken and mushrooms.  I make it almost every Sunday as my husband LOVES it.

from Jacques Pepin's HEART AND SOUL IN THE KITCHEN.... 

6 chicken thighs (I use boned, but either works) I usually use thighs from Costco and there are usually 4-6 thighs in each package...

2 T. butter

8 oz. sliced mushrooms

2 T. flour

1/2 cup white wine

1/4  cup chicken broth

1/2 cup cream

1 T. chopped tarragon (if you have some)

Brown the thighs in the heated butter for about 3 minutes a side.  Then add the mushrooms and sprinkle with flour.  Turn the chicken pieces with tongs so that the flour gets dispersed over chicken and mushrooms.   Stir in the wine and broth and mix well.  Bring to a boil and add salt and pepper to taste.  Reduce the heat, cover and cook gently for 25-30 minutes.  ( I usually cook it longer while I sip some wine!)

Add the cream, bring to a boil and boil uncovered for about a minute or more.

Tastes great with crunchy bread and beans or whatever vegetable you like.  Enjoy...

P.S. I know you said oven chicken, but this is so easy and tastes amazing

Honored Contributor

The "Chicken Supreme" out of "Famous Recipes Of Home Economics Teachers"

Is knock your socks off good!

You'll want mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles for the gravy!

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray a covered casserole and place chicken in the bottom.

Pour over 1 can Cream Of Celery soup

1 can Cream Of Mushroom Soup

Sprinkle    1 envelope Liptons Onion Soup Mix

Pour over  1 C wine

Cover tightly.

Bake 1 1/2 hours.

Respected Contributor

Mindy, you who posts everything you read on this forum +...

[ Edited ]

Mindy, you who posts everything you read on this forum + all the chicken recipes out there, can't find one? I mean I have to filter thru so many recipes to skip over all the chicken recipes.

Everyone has a chicken recipe. In fact there are more recipes than stars in the sky.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Jacque Pepin's mother's recipe for chicken and mushrooms. Thank you for this recipe Rhinomom. I made it on the weekend and it was delicious. I added an onion and garlic clove and used a little more chicken broth in place of the cream. I served it with rice. We will definitely be having this again.

Honored Contributor

@hayseed00 @I ordered the Oven Fry from Walmart today. Thanks for the tip. You're not alone in thinking this product tastes good. It's one of the few food items that have almost unanimous five star reviews everywhere. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We like the Bourbon Chicken they sell at the Mall but not at our Mall.  

I know there is no Bourbon in it.

The recipe called for cooking chicken first but it was too dry when we used chicken breasts so we don't do that. We use chicken thighs.  

Bourbon Chicken

2 lbs boneless chicken cut into bite sized pieces

1 garlic clove, crushed

¼ t ginger

¾ t crushed red pepper flakes

¼ cup apple juice

1/3 cup light brown sugar

2 T ketchup

1 T cider vinegar

½ cup water

1/3 cup soy sauce

1 tablespoon cornstarch  (optional to thicken sauce)

Mix all ingredients except for chicken, in a bowl, add chicken. Put chicken mixture in a large pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium & simmer for 20 mins.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

Chicken thighs with salsa....I make ( Meredith)  The Blue Jean Chef's recipe for the Instant Pot

https://bluejeanchef.com/recipes/salsa-chicken-thighs-with-rice/

It is so good!

Here is an oven version from Carlsbad Cravings, she uses breasts but you can sub thighs and adjust the cooking time.

https://carlsbadcravings.com/baked-salsa-chicken/