Respected Contributor

Need Gluten Free Banana Muffin Recipe

I have a great banana muffin recipe but DD has to now stick to gluten free and I have tried with all purpose GF flour as well as almond flour.  I am getting idea that its not as easy as replacing type of flour!  They were huge disappointment.  

If you have any  other suggestions, feel free to share.  Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Gluten Free Banana Muffin Recipe

Gluten-Free Banana Muffins

Ingredients
  • 2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour (9 ounces/ 260 grams)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar (5 1/2 ounces/ 155 grams)
  • 3 medium very ripe bananas (about 15 ounces/ 425 grams)
  • 2 large eggs, whisked (about 4 ounces; 113 grams)
  • 1/2 cup oil or (1 stick) butter, melted and slightly cooled (4 ounces; 113 grams)
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, optional (3 ounces; 85 grams)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional (3 ounces, 85 grams)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.. Grease or line 15 standard size muffins cups with paper liners.
  2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher. Add brown sugar, oil, and eggs. Add the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Add chocolate chips and nuts if using. Fill prepared muffin cups halfway with batter.

3. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
  4. Store, wrapped, on the counter for up to three days or freeze for up to three months.
Respected Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

I have a great banana muffin recipe but DD has to now stick to gluten free and I have tried with all purpose GF flour as well as almond flour.  I am getting idea that its not as easy as replacing type of flour!  They were huge disappointment.  

Look on Amazon

Trusted Contributor

@Twins Mom I don't have that recipe, but if you need more gluten free recipes, check out Lexi's Clean Kitchen.  She might have a banana muffin recipe.  She has a lot of gluten free recipes.  I recently made her fruit crisp and it actually was very good!  Not as sweet as a usual crisp.

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

@Twins Mom @If DD has celiac disease youhave to be ultra careful; all the ingredients must come from places that do not also make products containing gluten. If DD is just gluten sensitive you can just use the gluten free recipes others have supplied.