Respected Contributor

Re: NOVEMBER RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

NEXT INGREDIENT was to be GARLIC or GARLIC POWDER and we had skipped SMOKED PAPRIKA.  This has both.

Kentucky Fried Chicken Coating (a copy--you decide to me it doesn't taste like KFC but it is tasty)

Source:  Online from Spark Recipes by MZMARGO

2 Tbsp smoked or regular Paprika

1 Tbsp onion salt ( I use powder and 1/2 tsp salt.)

1 tsp celery salt

1 tsp rubbed sage

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp ground allspice

1 tsp ground oregano

1 tsp chili powder

1 tsp black pepper

1 tsp dried basil leaves, crushed

1 tsp marjoram leaves, crushed finely

Combine all ingredients in a small jar with a tight fitting lid.  Shake mixture to combine.  (Makes about 1/3 cup)

To use:  Mix together four tsps of this mixture, 1 cup flour, 2 Tbsp light brown sugar and 1 tsp salt.  Place in a bag and add chicken shaking to coat thoroughly.  Fry, drain on paper towels. 

NEXT INGREDIENT:  WALNUTS

Hope I haven't fouled up this thread.  If so, my apologies.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

aroc3435....no problems....good job...you pulled two ingredients into one recipe!  Just reread thread...missed PA Mom-mom too.....good recipes.....carry on.....thanks!

NEXT INGREDIENT .... WALNUTS

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chocolate-Dipped-Walnuts-with-Sea-Salt-The-Lemon-Bowl.jpg

Chocolate Dipped Walnuts with Sea Salt

Ingredients

4 oz walnut halves

4 oz dark chocolate chips

1/2 tsp sea salt

Instructions

Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 40-60 seconds or until smooth and creamy.

Dip each walnut half in the chocolate and place on a tray lined with parchment paper

Sprinkle with sea salt and refridgerate until chocolate is set

Next ingredient: honey

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

BeeMaid Coconut Colada

1.5 oz.    BeeMaid Honey water

1.5 oz.    coconut water

1.5 oz.    coconut milk

1.5 oz.    rum (optional)

wedges   pineapple (for garnish)

Directions

For BeeMaid Honey water: combine two parts BeeMaid Honey to one part hot water.  Stir until dissolved.

Combine all the ingredients in a tall glass filled with ice.  Stir. Garnish with pineapple wedges.

Next ingredient:  🍍 pineapple 🍍 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Homemade "Dole Whip"  (Copycat of a Disney Resorts Recipe)

Epicurious July, 2017, online

4 cups frozen pineapple

1 cup unsweetened coconut milk

1 frozen banana

pinch of kosher salt

4 wedges of pineapple as garnish (optional)

Process frozen pineapple, coconut milk, banana and salt in a food processor until very smooth.  (I use my Vitamix blender instead.)

Pour in 4 glasses and garnish each with one pineapple wedge.

Next Ingredient:  RICE

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pardon the interruption everyone....

@rrpell

I had just recently posted a Beer, Bacon M & C recipe in the thread that Southern Lady started that has Smoked Paprika in it, if you are interested.

I absoluletely LOVE smoked paprika and keep a back up jar all the time!

NEXT INGREDIENT:  RICE

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife  Thank you for the "interruption" since we're all here to share recipes.  I'm going to mosey on over there now.

Honored Contributor

GREEK RICE PUDDING     RIZOGALO

Greek rice pudding is a thick and creamy treat--it takes quite a bit of stirring action to thicken properly, but the end result is really worth the effort. It gets its name, rizogalo, from its two main ingredients--rice (rizi) and milk (gala). The sweet pudding shows its Greek roots with a hint of citrus from adding a piece of lemon rind when cooking the rice.

Rice pudding devotees are quite emphatic about the kind of rice they use. Some cooks believe that there is only one brand of long grain rice you can use. But, in general, the best results come from using a short, round grain rice. The Greeks call this pudding rice glace (glah-seh) and it resembles Arborio rice in its appearance. You can try the recipe with both a long and short grain rice and decide which you prefer.

• 2 tbsp. butter                                                    1 quart milk   4 CUPS
  •  
  • Pinch of salt                                                      1/3 cup rice   ARBORIO
  •  
  • 3-inch strip of lemon rind                                  1/4 cup sugar
  •  
  • 2 eggs, beaten well                                           1 tsp. vanilla extract
  •  
  • Ground cinnamon for serving
  •  
  1. In a large saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the milk and pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
  2. Add the rice and lemon rind and boil for approximately 25 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot. You want the rice to be tender but not mushy.
  3. When the rice is cooked, remove the lemon rind and stir in the sugar.
  4. Add about a cup of the warm mixture to the beaten eggs to temper them and prevent them from curdling.
  1. Reduce the heat to low and add the egg mixture into the pot, stirring constantly, and continue to cook until the mixture begins to thicken. Remove the pot from the heat, stir in the vanilla extract and cool.
  2. To serve, dust with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. You can enjoy this recipe at room temperature or chilled.

PS  I did use Arborio rice in this....absolutely delicious and worth the time!

NEXT INGREDIENT:

CORN

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Pardon the interruption everyone....

@rrpell

I had just recently posted a Beer, Bacon M & C recipe in the thread that Southern Lady started that has Smoked Paprika in it, if you are interested.

I absoluletely LOVE smoked paprika and keep a back up jar all the time!

@RespectLife  Wow, that sounds delicious.  Great flavors!  OK, I am making that right after I experiment with what I have in my fridge. I just picked up chicken, shrimp and chourico and am hoping to make something like paella (lacking the “official pan” I will be substituting my Ninja).  Thank you for the recipe.  I just love this thread.  So many kind posters and great ideas!

NEXT INGREDIENT:  RICE

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

Love the recipes and extra notes.....thanks.  I think...

NEXT INGREDIENT .... CORN