Honored Contributor

NOVEMBER RECIPE GAME 🍂🦃

[ Edited ]

NOVEMBER....A month to be thankful and share delicious recipes.  Care to share?  Please do!

NEXT INGREDIENT ..... Poster's Choice

(Thank you to momtochloe for usually starting us off...giving you November off...😁.)

Honored Contributor

Re: NOVEMBER RECIPE GAME 🍂🦃

This is my very favorite and is often called Rotten Cake in my old Southern church cookbooks, because you should make it 3 days in advance, to let it sit in the fridge to become one of the moistest coconut cakes you'll ever taste! (If you can wait that long!)

3 Day Old Coconut Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
1 cup white sugar
1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (12 oz.) package of frozen coconut

Grease and flour two 9 inch pans. Prepare cake mix as directed , using milk in place of water.

Bake according to instructions on package. Let cake cool 5 minutes, remove from pans and cut in half, horizontally.

To make the filling:

Mix together the sour cream and sugar in a medium sized bowl, stir in the coconut. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture and slowly spread the rest on the cut cake layers and let it soak in.

Fold whipped topping into the remaining filling. Assemble layers and frost the outside of the cake.

Refrigerate from 1 to 3 days before serving (the longer, the moister!)

*Note* - For Easter I dye some coconut green and sprinkle on top or make 'nests' of dyed coconut & add mini jelly beans to the nests.
You can also toast some coconut to sprinkle on top.
Works great using reduced fat sour cream and lite whipped topping too!

Next Ingredient: Shrimp (meal or appetizer)
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom ...that cake sure sounds good!  It would go well after this recipe...ha!  I may have gotten this recipe here ...can't remember....easy and good.

Baked SHRIMP Scampi

2 Tablespoons white wine

2 Tablespoons lemon juice

1/2 cup Panko

1/4 cup butter, melted

1-2 lbs. medium SHRIMP, peeled and deveined,uncooked

2 Tablespoons olive oil

3 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

salt and pepper

2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Put wine and lemon juice in 9x13" baking dish, set aside.  Combine SHRIMP, olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in bowl.  Season with salt and pepper.  Put SHRIMP mixture in single layer in baking dish.   Mix Panko with butter and put on top of SHRIMP.  Bake for 10-12 minutes until bubbly and golden.  Garnish with parsley, if desired.

(Note....I did not use red pepper flakes or parsley.  I did double the wine and lemon juice for a little more sauce.  Served over linguine pasta.)

NEXT INGREDIENT ..... APPLES 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Betty Crocker Prize Coffee Cake (Apple)

3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup soft shortening
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups sifted gold medal flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Mix together the sugar, butter and egg. Stir in the milk and flour mixture (flour, baking powder, salt).
Spread batter in greased and floured 9 inch square pan.

Cover with layer of thinly sliced apples.

Sprinkle with topping. Bake until wooden pick thrust into center of cake comes out clean. Serve warm, fresh from the oven.

Streusel Topping

1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Bake at 375 for 25 to 35 minutes!

Top with Whipped Cream for a special treat!

Next ingredient:  Beef (any cut)

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

VEGAN CHOCLATE PUDDING RECIPE

The best part of this pudding is that it doesn’t need to be cooked, baked, or chopped. That’s why it is a favorite dessert for summer. Dark chocolate acts as a mood booster and this pudding is perfect for those gloomy evenings. To enhance the taste, you can garnish this pudding with berries or mint.

Good for Vata, Pitta Dosha
For Kapha add cinnamon and clove powder.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Serves: 2 Person

Ingredients
½ slab of dark chocolate compound1 ripe avocado1 t vanilla extract½ T coconut oilA large pinch of your favorite spice (eg. cardamom, cinnamon, clove, or star anise)1 T maple syrupA pinch of salt (preferably Himalayan salt)

Method
Spoon out the avocado and place it in an electric mixer.In a double boiler, melt the chocolate compound and add coconut oil. Mix, till it forms a smooth pasteStart the electric mixer with avocado and slowly add a drizzle of melted chocolateKeep mixing till it all the chocolate is added to the mixer and it has a thick flowy consistencyAdd vanilla extract, maple syrup and spices. Mix wellPortion out in serving glasses and refrigerate for 4 hours. Serve chilled with your favorite topping like berries or mint.

Honored Contributor

@walker  oh gosh thank you so much for starting this month's thread!  I totally forgot about it and then when I did remember . . . well . . .  you know . . . boo on mtc! Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

AND....AWAY WE GO AGAIN....

(by the way....due to temporary board closure...signing on again I became Qwalker....still me...walker!)

NEXT INGREDIENT .... BEEF (any cut)

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shredded French Dip

1 boneless BEEF CHUCK ROAST (3 lbs.)

1 can  French Onion Soup, undiluted

1 can beef consumme, undiluted

1 can beef broth, undiluted

1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules

8-10 French or Italian rolls, split

Halve roast and place in a slow cooker.  Combine the soup, consumme, broth and bouillon; pour over roast.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.  Remove meat and shred with two forks.  Serve on rolls.  Skim fat from cooking juices and serve as dipping sauce.  Serves 8-10.

NEXT INGREDIENT ... SOY SAUCE.....?? Or

WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE?

Losing interest here or lost posters with shutdown?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Qwalker 

@walker 

I'm so confused!  Are you the same person?  I've always loved QWalker's recipes, then you disappeared and Walker appeared... now you're back!  Are you still the original QWalker?

Personally I hadn't lost interest, but I wasn't able to sign in for more than a week. On top of that, I've been very busy.  I think this is the time of year when everyone will get distracted, but I know we'll keep the thread lively, if a bit more slowly than usual.

Next ingredient: Soy sauce or Worchestershire sauce

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@Qwalker 

I'll match your last ingredient (beef) and add your new ingredient, soy sauce, LOL!

This a great 5 star recipe from 'The Recipe Critic':

SLOW COOKER BEEF AND BROCCOLI

This Beef and Broccoli takes just minutes to throw in the slow cooker. The beef melts in your mouth and the flavor is out of this world! My top five favorite recipes on the blog!

Ingredients

1 1/2 pound beef chuck roast boneless, sliced into thin strips
  • 1 cup beef consomme or beef broth
  • 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp. sesame oil
  • 3 garlic cloves minced
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • Frozen Broccoli Florets about 3 cups (I used one 14 oz bag)
  • White or brown rice cooked

Instructions

• In a mixing bowl, whisk together the beef consume, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
  • Lay the beef strips in the crockpot and pour the sauce over, tossing the strips to coat.
  • Turn the crockpoton low and cook for about 6 hours. Mine was ready at 5. You don't want to cook the beef too long or it will start to shred.
  • About an hour before it is done, take ¼ cup of the sauce and whisk it in a small bowl with the cornstarch. Slowly stir this into the crockpot. Add in the broccoli the last 30 minutes and let the broccoli cook through. You don't want to add the broccoli until the very end or it will be mushy.
  • Serve over white rice and enjoy!!

Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli with rice in a bowl.

I agree that the inability to even sign in to the forums for so long caused a lot of posters to give up, not worth the aggravation.

Between that, the holidays approaching and needing to prepare earlier than usual and many trying to get their booster shot if they want them and may other circumstances all probably contributed to a lack of interest here.

Next Ingredient:  Favorite Jello or Fruit type dessert, your choice!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.