Valued Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I love watermelon but I never knew there was a watermelon jam-type product.     How is it?  Is it full of sugar? 

I only ask because the jam products I've been enjoying for years is the Smucker's Simply Fruit line.   What I like is that they don't add refined sugar - only fruit.  What I love is that they taste perfect w/o that extra sugar.

I keep the strawberry on hand for using with peanut butter for a sandwich, and the apricot for toast with butter (amazing, especially on Jewish rye).

I would be interested in the sugar content too.  It sounds sooo good, but I have to watch my sugar intake 🙁 

At any rate, I need to get to Trader Joe’s 😃 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEW at Trader Joe's!

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt and @Swedishmiss 

I got my new jar of Watermelon Fruit Spread out of the pantry (this second one will be my limit) so I could get the nutrition facts about how much sugar it has and then realized I could probably get the info online. Oh well! Smiley Very Happy

A serving size is 1 tablespoon. It has 30 calories, and 8g total sugar (7 of which are added sugar) so it's not exactly the healthiest. It is nice to have for a treat though if you're into that sort of thing. Some people are very disciplined. Me? Not so much! I'm sure it will be a seasonal item so if you want to get it you should do it before summer ends and it's replaced with something new. 

As I said, it is sweet, but I'm a lover of all things sweet so it's right up my alley. I heard one guy describe it as tasting like a Watermelon Jolly Rancher. I don't eat Jolly Ranchers but I just went and tried some on a teaspoon and I definitely get the candy reference. Just something to keep in mind.

One nice thing about Trader Joe's is that if you buy something and find out you don't like it they will take it back and refund your money. I've only had to do that once with an air freshener that had no detectable fragrance. They were very nice about it. 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I love all the new watermelon products at Trader Joe's! The fruit spread is very sweet which is fine with me. It's delicious on a bagel with cream cheese, a slice of toast, or my favorite...adding it to a peanut butter sandwich.

I also tried the cold pressed watermelon juice which is pretty good. I'd give it a four out of five.

But my favorite is the sparkling watermelon juice (comes in strawberry too) which is delicious on its own or as a mixer for cocktails. Most recently I mixed it with a little bit of the Trader Joe's jalapeño limeade and tequila. Very refreshing!

Trader Joe's Sparkling Watermelon Juice is Here (But Only for the ...

Trader Joe's Jalapeno Limeade Margarita - Crisp Collective

@SusieQ_2  THANK YOU  Heart  for sharing/recommendations of products and how you use them

I found the cold pressed watermelon juice and the watermelon tea Woman Very Happy

Sadly, my store is already sold out of the watermelon jam - they might get more in but no schedule info.  And the watermelon beauty items - facial spray + overnight mask... gone waaaaah Woman Sad

Hoping the sparkling watermelon + jam and the jalapeño limeade are restocked.

Well....they did have a good supply of everything else including toilet paper. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Another favorite that's finally back for summer is the Mint Watermelon black tea--it's amazing! I had been using the last of mine sparingly so when I heard it was back in stock I went in and bought three tins. Just look at how adorable the tin is.

Trader Joe's Mint Watermelon Flavored Black Tea | BecomeBetty.com

It's a little pricey--$4.99 for 20 sachets--compared to the Mango tea bags which are only $1.99 for 20 but it's really special. 

Was able to grab 2 of the watermelon tea tins.  The tea smells wonderful Heart Will make a refreshing iced tea 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@chickenbutt and @Swedishmiss 

I got my new jar of Watermelon Fruit Spread out of the pantry (this second one will be my limit) so I could get the nutrition facts about how much sugar it has and then realized I could probably get the info online. Oh well! Smiley Very Happy

A serving size is 1 tablespoon. It has 30 calories, and 8g total sugar (7 of which are added sugar) so it's not exactly the healthiest. It is nice to have for a treat though if you're into that sort of thing. Some people are very disciplined. Me? Not so much! I'm sure it will be a seasonal item so if you want to get it you should do it before summer ends and it's replaced with something new. 

As I said, it is sweet, but I'm a lover of all things sweet so it's right up my alley. I heard one guy describe it as tasting like a Watermelon Jolly Rancher. I don't eat Jolly Ranchers but I just went and tried some on a teaspoon and I definitely get the candy reference. Just something to keep in mind.

One nice thing about Trader Joe's is that if you buy something and find out you don't like it they will take it back and refund your money. I've only had to do that once with an air freshener that had no detectable fragrance. They were very nice about it. 

Thank you @SusieQ_2 for the additional information.  I am going to give this a try.  Our family loves watermelon ❤️ 

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

I hope you like the tea, it's become one of favorites. 

I wasn't able to get the watermelon mask or facial spray either. For some reason they brought in more of the Rose facial spray that they had quite a few months ago. It's nice but I already had that one and was looking forward to something different. I did get the cucumber avocado body butter which has a light, fresh fragrance. I love TJ's body butters. 

Anyway...thanks for starting the thread. I'm always happy to see what other people are loving from Trader Joe's.

Honored Contributor

Thank You, SusieQ!  Smiley Happy

That's probably not a huge amount of sugar, assuming one doesn't eat an excessive amount of it.  If it tastes more like watermelon than sugar, it's a winner for sure.

That watermelon juice posted above also sounds compelling.   Can't wait to get my first watermelon of the season. 

One other thing that's fun is to make popsicle-type things with watermelon.   Several years ago I got a couple of these ice-pop recipes.  One is watermelon and something (good thing it's written down somewhere) and the other is with cherries.  I also love cherries.

Respected Contributor

Some of those things look really good--in particular, that watermelon spread. The avocado oil, too.

Unfortunately, it seems that many of TJ's products are discontinued once I develop a liking for them. We used to get their delicious frozen chocolate croissants, then they disappeared. Same with a vinegar I liked (flavored "champagne," I think). And one of their soups which was better than the name brand.

But that watermelon spread, alone, might be worth another trip....

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

Best little treat

Trader Joe's Chocolate Hold the Cone! Mini Ice Cream Cones | BecomeBetty.com

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Best little treat

Trader Joe's Chocolate Hold the Cone! Mini Ice Cream Cones | BecomeBetty.com

Ooh, I want that!!  Smiley Very Happy