Respected Contributor

Re: NEIGHBOR BROUGHT US CROCKPOT CANDY

You are welcome. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas @kate2357 

Honored Contributor

I tried it once and it did not work out for me.  It never got hard.  Im sure I must have done something wrong or the crockpot did not get hot enough or something.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Kachina624  It looks like Turtles, you know, chocolate and peanuts.  Kind of like drop candy??

@Sooner She said she will give me the recipe, but they are leaving for Christmas and won't be back until after.  

I sort of wanted to pick up the stuff today and make a batch to have over Christmas.  

@tends2dogs    Well, I sent you a source of recipes that look like what you describe.  I've often melted chocolate almond bark in the microwave, added a large can of mixed nuts and dropped them by teaspoonsful onto waxed paper.  No recipe needed.

@Kachina624  I am not familiar with almond bark.  Is it just found in the baking section of the grocery store?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I've always wanted to try crockpot candy too. Maybe now's the time!

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs    Yes, it is blocks of chocolate, milk or white, that come in a plastic tray wrapped in cellophane.  They look like ice cubes.  Melt them slowly about 30 seconds at a time in the microwave.  Don't try to rush it.  It'll just take about 2 min total.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I don't know what the point is in making this candy in a crockpot. I make this in the microwave and it turns out fine.
Honored Contributor

I wanted to try that but a friend said it did not set up.

I made some peanut clusters with Ghirardelli milk chocolate, bittersweet chocolate & peanut butter chips.

They are really good but I ate too many.

Honored Contributor

I never made crock pot candy.

I need to get my baking done and move on!!!

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

That looks just like it, @Iwantcoffee .  I guess I will give this a whirl.......I don't think it can be messed up.  YUM

Thanks for posting!

@tends2dogs, it can be messed up! Ask me how I know. Ha! A few years back I tried making it...was actually planning on taking it as a gift to the vet's office for Christmas.🐶 Mine scorched on the bottom and I had to toss it. I Googled a little after the disaster and found out that crockpots can vary greatly in their wattage and I guess mine was a hot sucker. LOL!

I hope you have better luck then I did!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped You are too funny!

Well, I did make it.  The gifting neighbor also gave me her recipe.  It was the same one that @Kachina624 linked me to.  Anywho, I made it.  A tip online said to spray the bottom of the crock.  It turned out good........I guess.......I don't eat sugar, but DH is loving it.  The recipe said to drop by tablespoonfuls, but I used a huge honking serving spoon. Woman SurprisedWoman Very Happy It said it would make 100 of these bite size treats, but I ended up with 32.....HA!  Woman Wink

It did not take 2 hours, more like 1 and I stirred it a couple times during process.  Also, 2 jars of peanuts is TOO much. 

BTW, my sister made it in the microwave and said it turned out great.  Sorry yours didn't.  I hate when that happens. That is a whole lot of groceries that had to be tossed. 

I hope you had a great Merry Christmas!  Was there a puppy under the tree??

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!