Contributor

NEED EASY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE!

Anyone have an easy garlic bread recipe to share?

I like to brown it in the oven, and then broil for a few min.

Please share!

Honored Contributor

Re: NEED EASY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE!

Lawrey's garlic spread, loaf of french bread, broil = done and delicious!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

1 loaf french bread, split in half lengthwise

5 tbsp minced garlic

1/2 cup melted butter

1/3 cup olive oil

pinch of salt

Mix garlic, butter, olive oil, and salt in dish.  Spread halves of bread with garlic mixture.  Bake in 400 degree oven until edges of bread are starting to brown, about 10 minutes.  

Honored Contributor

@shoppinggirl12  This is what I make if I don't want to be bothered with the garlic.

I spread a mix of butter and olive oil, and sprinkle with a mix of salt/pepper, and garlic powder on whatever bread you choose.  Put it in the toaster oven until crispy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cut the slices the width of your small finger.  On a bake sheet, I brown the first side under the broiler, then turn and put two to three extremely thin pats of butter and sprinkle with granulated garlic.  Broil aboit 1 to 2 1/2  minutes to preferred browness.

(Always leave the door open so the broiler will continue to grill.  Closed ovens reach the temperature and the element goes off.).

Respected Contributor

Wow, I'm not so fancy as some of you.

I take a french loaf of bread, drizzle with olive oil, then spread butter and then sprinkle garlic powder over it.   If you want more garlic, use some granulated garlic (Penzey sells it) along with the garlic powder.

The bread makes a big difference too.  Basic flour and water bread that crumbles does not make good garlic bread.  

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Wow, I'm not so fancy as some of you.

I take a french loaf of bread, drizzle with olive oil, then spread butter and then sprinkle garlic powder over it.   If you want more garlic, use some granulated garlic (Penzey sells it) along with the garlic powder.

The bread makes a big difference too.  Basic flour and water bread that crumbles does not make good garlic bread.  

@Just Bling  Right re the bread.  I also use an Acme baguette or Italian, so it is nice and crispy, crunchy, the baguette being more crispy, the Italian having much more of a center, so soft and crispy.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter

In addition to your recipe, I usually sprinkle a little dried oregano on it as well. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoppinggirl12 I have two different recipes I use.  One is for a garlic toast and the other garlic breadsticks.

Garlic Toast

1 1-lb loaf French bread

2 1/2 sticks butter

2 1/2 tsp. garlic juice

garlic salt to taste

Melt butter.  Add garlic juice.  Places stices of bread on a foil-lined cookie sheet.  Brush with butter mixture.  Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.  Turn bread over and repeat.  Preheat broiler to 350 degrees.  Place cookie sheet on center rack.  Watch carefully.  When golden brown turn and toast the other side.  Makes about 40 - 50 slikes.

Be sure to generously coat each slice.  Any part not covered with butter will tend to burn easily.

Half the recipe is just right for one cookie sheet.

Garlic Breadsticks

1 stick butter

Garlic powder

1 package thin breadsticks

Preheat over to 250 degrees.

Melt butter in 9 x 13 pan.  Sprinkle with garlic powder.  Soak breadsticks in butter and garlic powder mixture for 1 hour.  Turn breadsticks every 15 minutes.  Cool in pan.

Honored Contributor

I mix softened butter and squished garlic - put through the press.  Brush it on the bread and sprinkle some parmesan cheese over it and pop it in the oven til the bread starts to get a little toasty.