Respected Contributor

Re: NEED EASY GARLIC BREAD RECIPE!

You can brown the bread under the broiler or toaster oven, then take a clove of garlic and rub it over the toasted top and spread with butter. You can add/rub as much garlic as you like. I would then top with parmesan cheese and broil/toast to brown/melt the cheese.

Or you can just buy the ready made French bread or Texas toast. I tend to stick to ready made when I pick up pasta ingredients. Now I want spaghetti with garlic bread! My grocer also has some in the bakery with spread on them ready to bake.
Respected Contributor

I press fresh garlic into some olive oil

Butter bread and drizzle garlic/olive oil and broil.

Respected Contributor

"Roasting garlic changes the chemical makeup of garlic so that it’s easier to digest. You can eat a lot more garlic if it is completely cooked, with fewer side effects than you would get from eating raw garlic. (If you’re into chemistry, you can read more about this process in the Wikipedia.

Related image

Instead of raw garlic, I like roasted garlic.  Here's the method to roast a whole bulb of garlic:

1.   Preheat your oven to 400°F (205° C). (A toaster oven works great for this.)

2.   Peel and discard the papery outer layers of the whole garlic bulb, leaving intact the skins of the individual cloves of garlic. Using a sharp knife, cut 1/4 to a 1/2 inch from the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.

3 Place the garlic heads in a baking pan, cut side up. (A muffin pan works great for this, as it keeps the garlic bulbs from rolling around.) Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil over each exposed head, using your fingers to rub the olive oil over all the cut, exposed garlic cloves. Cover the bulb with aluminum foil. Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 30-35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.

4 Allow the garlic to cool enough so you can touch it without burning yourself. Use a small small knife cut the skin slightly around each clove. Use a cocktail fork or your fingers to pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins.

Eat as is or mash with a fork and use for cooking. Can be spread over warm French bread, mixed with sour cream for a topping for baked potatoes, or mixed in with Parmesan and pasta.

Eat the caramelized roasted cloves directly out of the heads, or add them to pasta dishes, mash them up and spread them over toast, or mix them with sour cream for a dip.

If you are sensitive to raw garlic, you may find that you can much more easily eat roasted garlic."

- by Elise Bauer, "Simply Recipes"