Trusted Contributor

I've seen Tara show biscuits made in her loaf pans (not the mini) as a loaf of bread.  I want to make this tonight but not sure of how long to bake it.  Do I follow the baking time/temp on the can of Grands Biscuits?If you've done this or know please let me know.

Thanks

Valued Contributor

@WORKING GAL 

I searched and looked on Tara’s website and didn’t find this recipe.

Since the biscuits will be in a loaf pan you will probably need to bake longer. Sorry I couldn’t help.

Respected Contributor

I'm currently baking a loaf of homemade bread.  I bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 min.

Honored Contributor

Wonder if you good use the recipe for monkey bread in the loaf pan, just minus the sweet stuff? Don't you put small balls of dough in a baking dish --maybe cut the biscuits with kitchen shears to fit--never saw Tarasshow so don't really know.

Esteemed Contributor

@WORKING GAL  This sounds like a traditional pull-apart bread.

You can buy frozen bread dough like Rhodes or frozen biscuit dough like Pillsbury in the freezer case at the grocery. I'd recommend the frozen biscuit dough and let it thaw, first.

Butter the bottom and sides of your pan. You can brush the tops with melted butter when done.

I wouldn't use Grands for this, they bake too quickly and the layers are a different consistency that will pull apart in layered pieces.

Honored Contributor

Wonder if pillsbury dot com would have recipes specifically for tube biscuits

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl - I look on Pillsbury's website and there were no recipes for this.  I did try it in my L&L glass loaf pan.  All 8 biscuits fit in the pan.  I baked according to the directions on the can. The 2 biscuits on either end came out okay.  The others were very doughy.

I separated the doughy ones and will bake them in my Breville oven til done.  The tops did brown nicely.

Will not try again.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Trusted Contributor

@Snowpuppy - I did bake them using the Grands according to the pkg. baking instructions as this is all I had. The 2 on either ends of the loaf pan came ouit fine.  The other 4 were very doughy and not cooked through.  I separated them and will bake them again to see if I can save them.  Will not try this again.

Honored Contributor

@WORKING GAL --had to laugh---can see exactly what they looked like-----can't tell you how many times I tried to fix something like that and it flopped-----in my mind, it worked Woman LOL but was just biscuits--I've had to throw whole meals out -----mostly because no one would eat it.