Honored Contributor

It turned out delicious but there isn't enough to go around. I know my DH will want a second helping. Could I add some chicken stock?

Honored Contributor

@Judaline

I have mixed turkey stock and chicken stock several times. Tastes fine to me!!

Turkey stock is hard to find so I never seem to have enough and add Weg Chicken Stock

Respected Contributor

Absolutely! I added turkey and chicken stock and water to the pot when I put the carcass and other bones in my slow cooker to cook. Cooked it on low for 16 hours. I sautéed onions, carrots and celery in a another pot when the stock was done (omg it was bold) and strained the stock. Added kluski noodles and it was delicious. Got a good sized pot out of it.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I have added chicken stock to extend my turkey stock for soup and gravies.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Chicken stock is more rich than chicken broth.

We do sandwiches after a not soup. Enjoy!!!

Respected Contributor

I always make 2 14-16 lb. turkeys so there is plenty for leftover sandwiches and then I freeze the 2 carcasses separately for soups during the cold months of Jan and Feb!! Delish!

Honored Contributor

Judaline, Better Than Boullion is your friend. As for extending various soups' broth, adding a can of Campbells French Onion soup and more water really works well. Or any Onion soup adds depth. JMO, but I think adding something other than turkey broth helps add to the flavors of any soup.