Honored Contributor

I recently purchased a small Cuisinart that is vertical and does not take up much storage space.  It only makes one waffle at a time which is perfect for me and I use up the rest of the batter makings waffles for the freezer. 

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal , it is the Breville BWM640XL Smart Waffle Pro 4 Square waffle maker.  It is a bit pricey but cleans up like a dream!  I like the fact this will accommodate any/all recipes besides waffles by the controls it offers.  I am loving it!  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop 

I'm happy for you - and envious, too!  I've long wanted one, but can't justify it because DH doesn't like waffles, but I did put it on my Amazon wish list so I can remember it next time I have some "fun" money.  It seems to be the Mercedes Benz of waffle makers!

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 5.30.45 AM.png

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: My New Waffle Maker!

[ Edited ]

@BridgegalMy waffle iron isn't the fanciest, but does a good job.  I own a Presto Flipside Belgian Waffle Maker.  And it was only around $40, but the plates are not removable for cleaning.

Respected Contributor

Re: My New Waffle Maker!

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop 

Wow, thanks.   We're old.  I'm not sure we'll live long enough to warrant spending that much on a waffle maker.   It does sound great, though.  Enjoy.

Respected Contributor

The Pillsbury waffle cinnamon rolls turned out spectacular!  My next venture will be these waffle tater tots!  I am having a blast with my new addition.

7374A8B4-55E4-41B9-9108-B8740DA95990.jpeg

Contributor

I have a small waffle maker.  One day I had a brain storm.

I thought I would try to do corn bread in the waffle maker.

It turned out really great.  Seemed to have a different taste

from the regular cornbread for some reason.  We really

liked it a lot.  Oh I used Jiffy Cornbread.

Respected Contributor

@SCHULTZI  can you be more specific on how you did the Jiffy cornbread?  How long was the cooking time? Did you change any measurements?  TIA!  

Contributor

I mixed up the Jiffy Cornbread according to package instructions.

And cooked it as the instructions for my machine said using the

lights on my machine.  I have the Dash Mini Wafffle Maker that

I bought I think at Bed Bath and Beyond.  They came out perfect

and tasted soooo good.

Hope this is some help to you.

Honored Contributor
I tried making frozen shredded hash browns in mine; I have the Waring commerical flip-over waffle maker. I added a bit of grated onion and green pepper to the potatoes, spread them out on the preheated iron that I greased well....turned out great....like latkes!