Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: My Bake Today Chewy Sugar Cookies

@Luvsmyfam I have the canning kettle and everything else BUT these

are really easy, refrigerator dill pickles.  The one's today I mixed two receipes together, sliced pickles (the short way), thin sliced onions, red, yellow and orange peppers sliced thin, garlic, dill, small amount of pickling spice along with the brine which was vinegar sugar water salt.  Pour over "packed" jars and put in the frig.  

Hardest part, sterilizing the jars, prepping the veg's...everything else was easy.  

Thanks for asking.

Last year I did all kinds of preserves, those I canned but freezer jelly is good too.

Respected Contributor

Re: My Bake Today Chewy Sugar Cookies

These cookies are very delicious!!!   They would equal if not exceed any high end bakery.

I used my cookie scoop so I wouldn't handle the dough and it worked out well, just gave a little roll in sugar and slightly pressed down with the end of a glass.  I like that the whole sheet of cookies were uniform and looked very professional. 

That cream cheese does make a difference, these cookies are not in your face sugar.

Hope some of you try them, no mixer, just a whisk and spatula.  So easy.

Using my cookie scoop I yielded 17 cookies and baked them for 15 minutes, I think mine are larger than they should be since the recipe states yields 24.