1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
1/8 teaspoon each salt & pepper
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 ½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup dark beer 
8 slices rye bread
4 slices Provolone cheese

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Shape beef into 4 (4-inch) patties. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.

Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, salt, pepper, and mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in beer; cook 30 seconds or until thick. Remove from heat; keep warm.

When patties are done, remove from large skillet. Wipe pan clean; heat over medium-high heat. Coat 1 side of each bread slice with cooking spray. Place 4 bread slices, coated sides down, in pan. Top each with 1 patty, 1 cheese slice, and one-fourth of mushroom mixture. Top with remaining bread slices; coat with cooking spray. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich = 36 carbs)

Mrs. G's notes:  I used Porter beer.  Served with large Caesar salads topped with feta. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Re: Mushroom and Provolone Patty Melts 36 Carbs ea

This was sounding good until I got to the flour and bread. 36 carbs (or a lot less) is what I allow for a whole day's meals. 

Is this supposed to be low carb?

Respected Contributor

Good going, @IamMrsG !  Easily converted to loooow carb for those of us more restricted.Woman Wink  I'll bet there were no sidelong glances over THIS one!Woman LOLHeart

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Trusted Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

This was sounding good until I got to the flour and bread. 36 carbs (or a lot less) is what I allow for a whole day's meals. 

Is this supposed to be low carb?

Everyone's dietary needs and requirements are different.

For someone else, 30 carbs or more per meal may be fine.

A 10-15 carb meal might be considered a snack for someone else, as opposed to a regular meal.

There have been other posts here, talking about comments made when someone takes the time and effort to post a recipe.

You can always adjust a recipe and make substitutions to it to suit your own dietary needs, if you want to try it.