• 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
  • 1/4 cup white wine or broth
  • 1 bunch kale, chopped

For the cauliflower sauce:

• 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 6 cups cauliflower (1 small head or 1 12 ounce bag)
  • 2 cups vegetable broth or water
  • 1/2 cup gorgonzola or other blue cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup milk

For the lasagne roll ups:

• 9 lasagne noodles, cooked (gluten free for gluten free)
  • 2 cups ricotta
  • 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano (parmesan), grated
  • 1 cup mozzarella, shredded

directions

For the mushroom mixture:

• Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms start to caramelize, about 15-20 minutes.
  • Add the garlic and thyme to the mushrooms and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
  • Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
  • Add the kale and cook until tender, about 10 minutes

For the cauliflower sauce:

• Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
  • Add the cauliflower and broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until fork tender, about 8-10 minutes.
  • Puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
  • Return to heat, mix in the cheese, season with salt and pepper to taste, add enough milk to bring sauce to a saucy consistency and cook until the cheese has melted.

For dhe lasagne roll ups:

1. Lay the lasagne noodles out, spread a thin layer of the ricotta mixed with the parmesan onto each lasagna noodle, top with the mushroom mixture and a tablespoon of the cauliflower sauce and roll up the noodles.
  2. Spread 1/2 cup of the cauliflower sauce around the bottom of a 9×9 inch baking dish, place the lasagne roll-ups in, top with 1 1/2 cups of the cauliflower sauce and the mozzarella.
  3. Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until golden brown on top and bubbling on the sides, about 25-30 minutes.
Option: If you are not a fan of blue cheese use parmigiano-reggiano (parmesan) or romano or asiago instead.
Option: Replace the kale with swiss chard, spinach (either fresh of frozen), or other green leaf vegetable.
Valued Contributor

Re: Mushroom Lasagna Roll Ups With Gorgonzola Cauliflower Sauce

2B1E7C5C-A2C2-4F9E-B9D3-366BD9FABB50.jpeg8EDC321E-0C38-4A55-B190-BFD26D736720.jpegC7C95A4A-AC6F-4F4C-8E4A-48C444815342.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Mushroom Lasagna Roll Ups With Gorgonzola Cauliflower Sauce

Absolutely Yummy looking!!  Thanks for sharing.

I have a box of lasagna noodels to use, and I didn't make my mom's traditional lasagna this "low-key" Christmas for two...

So this will be a delicious way to use them!  And I love mushrooms and like kale too.

I need the rest of the ingredients but definitely will plan on making it sometime this winter. Tks again! Smiley Happy