Super Contributor

Mug Cake in Microwave! no eggs no oil! MAYO....

Found this last night and tried it!

It's really good.

Mix 3 TBS flour,sugar,cocoa,1/4 tsp baking powder,then mix in 3 TBS. milk and MAYO,splash of vanilla.    Microwave 1 min.

With a shortage of flour,eggs,sugar this is fun and cures a sweet tooth!

Found it on Hellmann's Mayo page!

Valued Contributor

Re: Mug Cake in Microwave! no eggs no oil! MAYO....

THANK YOU. I have been out of eggs for some time and also out of anything chocolate in the house. Broke down and made a chocolate pie this afternoon, but very time consuming. When I want chocolate I want it now.

Honored Contributor

The mayo contains the eggs and oil.  You can also put some cake mix in a mug, add about 2 tsp oil And enough water to make it cake batter consistency.  Microwave about 1 1/2 min or until done.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There is a 3-2-1 cake mug, I got the recipe from WW. You mix a box of your favorite cake mix with a box of Angel Food cake mix ( must be Angel Food). In an oversized mug mix 3 TBS of the mix ( level it off), 2 TBS of water, mix,  microwave on high for 1 minute ( keep your eye on it, you can add seconds to it if you want). The cake is 3 points.

Honored Contributor

We have a huge chocolate fix at home. Not running out of chocolate. LOL!!!

Russell Stover sent me a 25% off coupon so I placed an order. My order went who knows where so they shipped out another order. I ended up with 2 orders. I need to call them to tell them to charge me for both orders. I don't feel right not paying for both? I thought they were going to have the other order directed back to them.

Super Contributor

@RACALAMB2 wrote:

Found this last night and tried it!

It's really good.

Mix 3 TBS flour,sugar,cocoa,1/4 tsp baking powder,then mix in 3 TBS. milk and MAYO,splash of vanilla.    Microwave 1 min.

With a shortage of flour,eggs,sugar this is fun and cures a sweet tooth!

Found it on Hellmann's Mayo page!

Saw and wanting to try! Glad to see a review from someone who has. I have some really old cocoa powder, but I think it might still work!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pioneer woman had a Mug cake last week

ETA my mistake hers contained oil 

Honored Contributor

I tried this mayo recipe and it was horrible!!!! Didn't cook in 1 minute, so I tried adding 15 seconds then 15 more until it was almost 3 minutes and it was GROSS and a waste of ingredients!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I made this @RACALAMB2 and it was delicious!  However, I am glad I used up all of my mayonnaise on this, otherwise I would be making this every day.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I tried this mayo recipe and it was horrible!!!! Didn't cook in 1 minute, so I tried adding 15 seconds then 15 more until it was almost 3 minutes and it was GROSS and a waste of ingredients!!!!

No need to be rude.  The OP was kind to take the time to pass this recipe along.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt