Honored Contributor

Re: Mueller's Southern Dumplings substitute

@Icegoddess wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

PS @Icegoddess My Pork Loin roast with pictures is in Kitchen. Those are two pork loins tied together.  You could get one.

@ECBG, I have seen Pork Loin recipes, but I don't think I have ever seen a Pork Loin in my grocery store.  Maybe you have to ask for them.  I do make a good Pork Tenderloin though.  I have a handful of stuff I just do over and over.  It's just the 2 of us and I don't need a lot of leftovers because hubby "forgets" they're there which means I have to eat them. 

I don't fry pork chops; I grill them.  Now, fried pork tenderloins was one thing Mother made that I actually liked.  Her pork chops were like shoe leather, but every once in awhile she would do pork tenderloins with biscuits and scrambled eggs.  When I do pork tenderloin I use a pre-packaged tenderloin that isn't marinated because I do my own honey hoisin marinade.  

Mostly, I would rather watch a cooking show than to actually do it, especially if it takes a lot of time.  I'm a quick & easy kind of girl.

@Icegoddess 

Pork Loin roast.

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not familiar with Mueller's, but you might look for Reeme's frozen dumplings in the grocery freezer section. I'm not sure how far this product is sold outside of the Midwest, but they are wonderful. Reeme's has both homemade noodles and dumplings.

Esteemed Contributor

Publix carries frozen dumplings.  They are tasty!

Respected Contributor

Just don't mistake egg noodles for dumplings.  Below are what my WalMart carries.

Mary B's® Open Kettle Dumplings 1.5 lb. Bag

or 

Anne's Flat Dumplings Original Old Fashioned, Box, 24.0 OZ

Respected Contributor

I use '''ANNE'S OLD FASHIONED FLAT DUMPLINS'' IN THE FROZEN FOOD CASE...THEY ARE PERFECT !  Look for them in a red and yellow box.

large_90a1409f-638f-4032-b92b-3e578d8215a3.png