Valued Contributor

This is a recipe I have been making now for over 30 years. It's a Christmas morning tradition. So easy - ENJOY!!! and Merry Christmas!!

18-20 frozen rolls (Rhodes)

1 package of COOK AND SERVE Butterscotch Pudding**

1 stick of butter

1 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Spray a bundt pan really, REALLY well. Put the rolls in the pan and sprinkle the pudding over the rolls. Melt butter and sugar together - add cinnamon. Pour over rolls then sprinkle the nuts over that. Let rise overnight or for 5-6 hours. Until the rolls are even to the top of the bundt pan.

Bake at 350 for about 18 miniutes. I have a large Christmas platter that I place over the pan and immediately flip over onto the platter. ENJOY!! SO SO YUMMY!!!

**Instant pudding WILL NOT WORK. The rolls will not rise. I have made this mistake...not cool. Kids were very disappointed.  

Trusted Contributor

I was just thinking about this recipe the other day...I made these rolls many years ago but hadn't made them recently.  I do remember them being easy and very delicious!  These are so much less effort than traditional cinnamon rolls...by Christmas I'm exhausted and don't want to spend hours making cinnamon rolls.  These are so much less work but no less yummy!  I'm copying this down and making them this year...thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

I make monkey bread from Rhodes bread dough, not the rolls.  My recipe is the same without the pudding mix.

i pinch one inch pieces of dough off and roll into balls, dip the balls into butter and roll in cinnamon sugar and place in bunt pan...sprinkle with nuts and bake. 

My family loves it and it is so easy.

i will have to try next time with the pudding mix.

Trusted Contributor

@mare54 Thanks for posting this recipe.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Esteemed Contributor

Two of my kids' favorite words!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

This is the recipe my mother always used and it's wonderful! She just used a 9x13 pan, and that works too. Thanks for posting - a nice reminder for me to make them!

Honored Contributor

@mare54...it's been years since I had this!!  I know this is good fresh out of the oven but  I forget, is it any good after it has cooled like a hour or so out of the oven?  Thanks.

Valued Contributor

@Mom2Dogs I’m sure it is. With 4 kids, there were never any leftovers! 

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha...true.  It's just me and DH...so that's why I asked...not sure it would be any good heated up.  I'll probably make a coffee cake..any leftovers can be frozen.

@mare54 wrote:

@Mom2Dogs I’m sure it is. With 4 kids, there were never any leftovers! 

Honored Contributor

My sister makes this. It's really sweet. She made it for breakfast. I don't care to eat stuff like that for breakfast.

DH makes the best Monkey Bread from scratch. There is no butterscotch in it.