Honored Contributor

bought a big lettered candy thermometer that clips to side of deep pot.

Haven't opened it yet, but,wondering how this big tall thing is gonna sit down in pot without touching the bottom of the pot and not falling down and around the pot.

sales gal tried  to get me to understand "it clips to side as to how deep you want it".    I'll see.

those other basic therms I can't see any more. I either overcook or undercook fudge. Where's the 234' mark LOL 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE..does the cliip on the themometer side up and down to accomodate the pot?

Honored Contributor

Re: Mon. at Bed & Bath

[ Edited ]

yeah

DSCN0454.JPG

DSCN0453.JPG

Honored Contributor

I just use the soft ball/hard ball method.  Always comes out fine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Mary Beth's fudge  and the sweetened condensed will have to do for me.

I hate timing and stirring. Sister stirs hers for 20 min on low heat and  then beats it till you just have to know exactly when to pour it out.

this calls  for Martha Stewart.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Kachina624 we've been having some rain here past few days. Great !

Bought a new Bosch dishwasher  . complicated to learn LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.   We've had two nice thunderstorm this month with temps in 80s every day.  It seems that's about over and the 90s will be returning this week as will the drought.

On that candy thermometer,  it has a movable clip on the back that moves up and down.  Raise it to the top, put against the side of your pan, lower it until you can slip it over the pan edge.  Very simple.  Mom had one like that.

Send me some fudge.  I always make it in the microwave as there's no stirring.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We love Mary Beth's (QVC host) the most. Calls for bag of butterscotch chips as well as milk choc chips. Man, here I am on a diet and my mouth is

watering. Maybe this week-end ?

Respected Contributor

Be sure to test it before you use it to make sure its accurate..I have at least 3 of them, one justl ike that one, and one really expensive digital one (easy to see!) none of them are the same, and two are totally incaccurate!

And even though they clip onto theside, I STILL manage to dislodge them when I am stirring!

Honored Contributor

this biggie is for deep frying and candy making it says.   I got electric gadgets that I use for the rare times I deep fry. No more then once a month

guess it's for folks who still  uses pots to deep fry in.