Trusted Contributor

Instead of using bread or crackers, I like to eat tuna or chicken salad stuffed in the mini sweet peppers.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mini sweet peppers

[ Edited ]

I love those grilled!

I use my NuWave oven to cook them, but an air fryer should do it. I always intend to use them in my egg whites, but I end up snacking on them (little sea salt).

I can't eat any raw peppers, so these grilled minis are a real treat for me.

Edit-  yes @Nightowlz  they're like candy!

Respected Contributor

I eat mine raw with a little ranch dressing.

Honored Contributor

When I freeze peppers, I skip the cookie sheet step.  I measure out  one or 1 1/2 cups of chopped peppers into a quart Ziploc bag.  I flatten out the bags so they freeze quickly and then and stack them in the freezer.  They are very easy to loosen up when you are ready to use them in your recipe, just bang them on the counter a couple times.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mini sweet peppers

[ Edited ]

@cookinfreak 

A few years ago, there was a poster named Lola who posted this recipe for those mini peppers.  They can be low carb if you leave out the beans and corn but really, there are not that much in each pepper.  They make a quick, light supper or great snack.  Best of all, they taste great!  Though I have not tried it this way  I do believe you could even fix them out on your grill mat.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Recipes/Healthy-Mini-Pepper-Nachos/m-p/912982#M20851

Honored Contributor
I buy bags of these instead of large red and yellow peppers...much less money and they keep longer.
1. Wash and split open, remove seeds and spread cream cheese over each half. Serve as an appetizer on a tray after sprinkling with fresh herbs; very pretty.
2. Slice in rings to garnish salads or chili
3. Cut of tops, clean, and freeze. Great to use in soups or stir fries layer.
4.My favorite is to julienne them and serve on cottage cheese. There are lots of other uses.
5. Use them in any dish calling for red or yellow peppers. They are not so sweet they can’t be used as a substitute.