Valued Contributor

I have a bag of these and not sure what to do with them. I got them from someone who got a great deal on several bags. I can always count on you guys for some fresh ideas

TIA

cookin

Trusted Contributor

@cookinfreak : I don’t know about how to cook them but my sister eats them raw. Wouldn’t you be able to cook them as you do the larger sizes? My sister says they’re sweet

Esteemed Contributor

Had a relative who bought bushels of peppers in the summer - roasted in oven and froze for winter.  I've never done it - Google it.

Obviously they loved roasted peppers.

Honored Contributor

I just chop and freeze them for when I need peppers in a recipe.

Honored Contributor

My grandkids love them.  They eat them raw with or without a ranch dressing dipping sauce.  They are great in salads too.

Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak   If you have no use for them  at the moment I would just rinse them off, let them dry throughly and then dice them up, put them on a cookie sheet in the freezer and then portion them into Ziplock bags and freeze them to use in future recipes, like omelets or spaghetti sauce, that call for diced peppers.

I have a Foodsaver so I would use that instead of the Ziplocks.

If you have enough and want to use them now look for an "unstuffed" or "deconstructed" peppers recipe.  Usually calls for browned ground beef, cooked rice, tomato sauce, appropriate seasonings and sliced up parboiled peppers, and baked, covered, in a 350 degree oven.

Hope this helps. 

Respected Contributor

@cookinfreak 

@aroc3435 had a good idea with her stuffed pepper suggestion. Another idea would be to substitute the minipeppers for the pasta shells you use when making stuffed shells. Slice them in half lengthwise and parboil them before you stuff them. This could be a good alternative for those who have to go gluten-free. 

Trusted Contributor

I love these things and always have them on hand.  Besides using them in salads,

I like them stuffed with jalapeno pimento cheese, dipped into my avocodo dressing,

dipped into tomato soup is good also.

sometimes I just cut some up and use as a side dish with dinner - I like them raw.

Last week we grilled turkey burgers - put on some grilled pineapple with these mini

peppers grilled also, pepper jack cheese- oh so good.

Yesterday I stuffed some with greek yogurt sprinkled with cinnamon.  Is that weird??

I liked it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

DH cuts them up & eats with a meal or alone. He says they taste  like candy? LOL!!!

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the ideas everyone. They all sound good. I do love peppers and have a few ideas. There are just so many I needed help. I think tonight I will grill them with some onions and some sausage.  Who knows what else will end up in with them!

cookin