Honored Contributor

I love a cheese ball but they are a bit labor intensive.   This looks like a good substitute.   I would probably serve with Ritz crackers and maybe carrot & celery sticks

I haven't made it yet.   I think I'd use my own bacon, not the bacon bits.

Also called Neiman Marcus Cheese Dip, this almond, bacon, and cheese recipe started out as a spread and quickly become a crowd-pleasing million dollar dip that's lasted the test of time. It's perfect for making in advance and best served chilled.

Prep 5 minutes
Yields 6 servings
Calories 504 kcal

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 4 green onions chopped small
  • 1/2 cup pre-cooked bacon bits
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • 1 tsp garlic minced
  • tortilla chips for dipping
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, add mayonnaize, cheddar cheese, green onions, bacon bits, slivered almonds, and garlic. Use a spatula to thoroughly mix all ingredients together.

2. Serve dip immediately with tortilla chips or other snacks for dipping.

Esteemed Contributor

@software

I have eaten this dip before and it is really good.  When it was served to me, the hostess served it slightly warmed.  I thought it was good that way, too.  She served it with Fritos scoops.  Not sure if she used bacon bits or her bacon-been too long ago but I usually prefer the taste of bacon over store bought bacon bits.  I have found if I toss those bacon bits in a non stick skillet and warm them up a bit before proceeding with what ever I am making, it does greatly improve their flavor (I"m talking about real bacon bits, not the Bac-'s type thing).   Thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I love a cheese ball but they are a bit labor intensive.   This looks like a good substitute.   I would probably serve with Ritz crackers and maybe carrot & celery sticks

I haven't made it yet.   I think I'd use my own bacon, not the bacon bits.

Also called Neiman Marcus Cheese Dip, this almond, bacon, and cheese recipe started out as a spread and quickly become a crowd-pleasing million dollar dip that's lasted the test of time. It's perfect for making in advance and best served chilled.

Prep 5 minutes
Yields 6 servings
Calories 504 kcal

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 4 green onions chopped small
  • 1/2 cup pre-cooked bacon bits
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • 1 tsp garlic minced
  • tortilla chips for dipping
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, add mayonnaize, cheddar cheese, green onions, bacon bits, slivered almonds, and garlic. Use a spatula to thoroughly mix all ingredients together.

2. Serve dip immediately with tortilla chips or other snacks for dipping.

I know it as Newman Marcus dip. My family loves it around the holidays.  💕 Easy so I fix it 

Honored Contributor

@software sound good, thanks.

@mustang66lady...I do the same thing with the 'real' bacon bits that I purchase.  I like to add a little bacon to a salad and it does help the flavor of the store bought product.

Honored Contributor

Such a tasty dip that improves as it sits.  My proportions are 2 cups cheddar and 1 cup mayonnaise.  I replace the garlic with 2 tsp hot sauce.

Honored Contributor

I was thinking it needed some paprika or something to spice it up a bit.

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Such a tasty dip that improves as it sits.  My proportions are 2 cups cheddar and 1 cup mayonnaise.  I replace the garlic with 2 tsp hot sauce.

Trusted Contributor

I think my baconnaise will be a perfect substitution in this dip recipe for regular mayo! 

Trusted Contributor

Here is a picture of the dip