Super Contributor

@vabreeze wrote:

@BklynKinsey wrote:

I make this one which uses corn tortillas which I also call Mexican Lasagna (but I think it was originally called South of the Border bake):

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups Black beans, canned
  • 1 1/2 cups Corn, frozen kernels
  • 2 Scallions, medium
  • 18 Corn tortillas (6-inch)
  • 4 cups Cheddar or pepper jack cheese (I use  packages of shredded Mexican four cheese)
  • 1 Sour cream (for serving)
  • 3 cups Enchilada sauce (I buy 3 cans of medium enchilada sauce)
  • 4 cups Shredded plain rotisserie chicken, skin and bones discarded

Layer and bake in a 9 x 13 pan covered for 30-45 minutes

@BklynKinsey Do you mind giving the detailed instructions for assembling your recipes?  It seems like a very yummy dish.  Thanks!

@vabreeze   The recipe was originally from Cooking.com which is no longer around.  I searched and found my old paper copy and scanned it.  Sory the font is so small, but here it is:

Mexican lasagna - South of the Border chicken bake.jpg

Valued Contributor

My Mexican Lasagna is called, Chilaquiles Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@BklynKinsey wrote:

@vabreeze wrote:

@BklynKinsey wrote:

I make this one which uses corn tortillas which I also call Mexican Lasagna (but I think it was originally called South of the Border bake):

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups Black beans, canned
  • 2 Scallions, medium
  • 18 Corn tortillas (6-inch)
  • 4 cups Cheddar or pepper jack cheese (I use  packages of shredded Mexican four cheese)

@BklynKinsey Do you mind giving the detailed instructions for assembling your recipes?  It seems like a very yummy dish.  Thanks!

@vabreeze   The recipe was originally from Cooking.com which is no longer around.  I searched and found my old paper copy and scanned it.  Sory the font is so small, but here it is:

Mexican lasagna - South of the Border chicken bake.jpg

Thanks so much @BklynKinsey for taking the time to find and post the instructions!  I will be making this tomorrow,  For you or anyone who maywant to save the scanned directions you provided to their e-file, I have typed them out below.  Again, thanks!!! 

I, @BklynKinsey, make this one which uses corn tortillas which I also call Mexican Lasagna (but I think it was originally called South of the Border bake):

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups Black beans, canned, drained and rinsed
  • 2 Scallions, medium
  • 18 Corn tortillas (6-inch), cut in half

Preheat oven to 350°.  Grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan.

Pour ½ cup enchilada sauce into bottom of prepared pan,  Spread around with the back of the spoon.

Arrange about a quarter of the tortilla halves on top of the sauce.  Sprinkle ½ cup corn, ½ cup beans, 1 cup chicken, 1 cup cheese and ½ cup sauce on top of tortillas.  Top with another layer of tortillas, and repeat layering with the same ingredients and tortillas 2 more times.  After the last layer of tortillas is placed, top with the remaining 1 cup chicken and 1 cup enchilada sauce.  Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup cheese on top.

Bake covered in the oven until hot and the cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.  Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.  Sprinkle chopped scallions on top and serve with sour cream.

Valued Contributor

@LilBitMissty 

This is a recipe even I could make - simple basic ingredients and simple basic baking instructions.

Thank you.